Aitor Karanka?

No Hank, it was Garry monk that bought Fletcher.
Personally I wish Karanka was still at Boro - all the hard work he put in transforming us from relegation fodder in the championship to promotion.
We've now gone full circle.

Wait till your in the 3rd division like us then full circle marra

I know he is another defensive Manager, but if you are going to do defensive football you have to be good at it. Ross tried in vein but failed.
Boro had the 5th best defensive record in the Premier League when he left by mutual consent.
At Nottingham Forest they were 3 points off a play off position when he asked to be released.
He has the sort of temperament that if it is not working he does not need to be sacked, he walks.
43% win ratio at Championship/Premier level makes His CV quite appealing.
He’s better than Parkinson but the place needs a lift and he’s not the man for the job.

Anyone better than

Taken a draw v Gillingham

Surely the owners can't be happy with that statement

Morning Hank,
I really hope they aren’t happy, I’m hoping that in the event of a defeat on Saturday they’d use the intervening 12 days to get a new man on board.
My worry is that they won’t or worse still make another poor new appointment.

Ross didn't fail at defensive football, he failed to get us up.

He will go on to have a good career, possibly by not failing at defensive football.

Ross knew we drew to many last season and yet his own target was 20 clean sheets and an awful formation pre season to achieve it. Instead of trying to out gun teams and win the games he had a mindset that 1-0 would do.... he failed.

I’m sick to death of defensive football, I want us to attack, attack.......attack, attack, attack!

I’m also sick to death of people starting thread after thread about ridiculously unrealistic managers.

We are League 1 and bang average. It’s highly likely our next manager will be another unpopular appointment.

Spot on mate,wifes family are from teeside and support the boro.They been saying that for ages admitting thry didnt realise how good he was at the time.I would take him,out of work at moment aswell.Do you know if he still has a house up here

I'm not sure to be honest but I believe he attended Gibsons' wedding.

I know he is another defensive Manager, but if you are going to do defensive football you have to be good at it. Ross tried in vein but failed.
Boro had the 5th best defensive record in the Premier League when he left by mutual consent.
At Nottingham Forest they were 3 points off a play off position when he asked to be released.
He has the sort of temperament that if it is not working he does not need to be sacked, he walks.
43% win ratio at Championship/Premier level makes His CV quite appealing.

Good call, would deffo have him

Back