Airshow at Usworth

Status
Not open for further replies.

I can remember them putting the planes in the Galleries car park next to where In Shops is now. You could sit in some of them and once they had a passenger plane with the emergency chute out to slide down. It was mint :D

Logon or register to see this image

Last edited by a moderator:
Think you had to pay to get a closer view.Think they hadn't quite thought the concept through.

I can remember them putting the planes in the Galleries car park next to where In Shops is now. You could sit in some of them and once they had a passenger plane with the emergency chute out to slide down. It was mint :D

Presto I think it was back then. I'm sure that was a yearly thing.

I do remember a squadron of something big going over our house on the way to the airshow. Vulcans rings a bell but that will only be what I was told. I was too young to remember at the time.

Presto I think it was back then. I'm sure that was a yearly thing.

I do remember a squadron of something big going over our house on the way to the airshow. Vulcans rings a bell but that will only be what I was told. I was too young to remember at the time.

I can't remember what they were either :oops:

I have a really vague memory of that. I honestly thought I'd made it up and wasn't sure if it ever happened. Can't wait to show my Dad that picture, I've asked him about it before and he can't remember either. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back