Airport security scare

How the hell can you get on the wrong plane? Shoddy procedures at best.

BBC News - Passenger on wrong EasyJet flight causes Liverpool Airport security scare
I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often. Don't know if its an Easyjet policy but when I fly from Belfast with them, I've noticed they don't check boarding passes when you get on the plane (I'm used to flying Ryanair where you get a bollocking if you go past the cabin crew at top of stairs without producing your pass).

Mentioned to the family its easily done other week as 2 exits at Ponteland lead to planes s few metres apart. Some knacker could manage it.

Flew to Bristol at the weekend, and for the second time I didn't show any form of identification the whole time. Four flights in total.

On the day of the biggest day of my life and the single biggest and best thing I have ever done, my flight to Jersey, I was so looking forward to going through the airport. When we got close and especially when I saw the airport building I cannot describe the feeling in my tummy but I think it was 'nervous anticipation' or possibly butterflies. I was about to enter a whole new place. I was a child on Christmas morning at this new experience in this new world. Imagine how crestfallen I was when I found out how complex and scary it was. There is many stages each with things you need to do and look for that I would never in a gazillion years have guessed if you asked me to go through a typical procedure of going through an airport to boarding a plane.

Without my lass to be with me and to guide me I would be unable to move any further forward than the entrance to the airport.

It needs simplifying.

On the day of the biggest day of my life and the single biggest and best thing I have ever done, my flight to Jersey, I was so looking forward to going through the airport. When we got close and especially when I saw the airport building I cannot describe the feeling in my tummy but I think it was 'nervous anticipation' or possibly butterflies. I was about to enter a whole new place. I was a child on Christmas morning at this new experience in this new world. Imagine how crestfallen I was when I found out how complex and scary it was. There is many stages each with things you need to do and look for that I would never in a gazillion years have guessed if you asked me to go through a typical procedure of going through an airport to boarding a plane.

Without my lass to be with me and to guide me I would be unable to move any further forward than the entrance to the airport.

It needs simplifying.
Get a boat, or stay at home.

It needs simplifying.

It’s when they pull on the merigolds with a menacing look that terrifies me.

Get a boat, or stay at home.

Boat? I did that once when I went over on the ferry from Hull to stay with my Granddad and see the family in Holland back in 1992 and frankly it bored the tits off me. Wasn't exciting or thrilling as a form of transport experience at all. Home? I have been doing that since 1976. Barely been out of the north never mind the UK in 43 years. Just being at the airport was an overwhelmingly exciting and thrilling experience - that was before getting on the plane. Just seeing it just felt like the excitement volume had just been turned up to the max. You can imagine how I was looking up at it never mind the going up which just took it the level even higher.

Had a bizarre incident on the way back from being at the Amsterdam tournament with @HeaderDownBrown . Was feeling a bit paranoid due to the hangover and was convinced I was getting on the wrong KLM flight. Then I saw Steve Bruce join the queue for the flight to Birmingham so thought it was fine. Gets up the steps to the plane and a Stewardess says “Welcome to the Paris flight Sir”. Looking at the horror on my face she said she was only joking and I was on the correct Birmingham flight. Think she used to be Alan Partridge’s girlfriend.

Back