Airport Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

park in the layby on that dual carriageway heading towards the airport

I'm picking my mother and her mate (no) from Ponteland International. Just checked online and it says flight is landing at 11.49, what time should i aim to be there for? How long does it take for luggage etc

Get there for around 00.20, if flight is on time. Park at Shell garage within airport till she rings you.

Park at Callerton and let them get the metro one stop

I'm picking my mother and her mate (no) from Ponteland International. Just checked online and it says flight is landing at 11.49, what time should i aim to be there for? How long does it take for luggage etc

There is a little parking bay about a mile from the airport where people use to wait for flights. Park in there then tell your mam to ring you when she is on her way out. By the time she walks to the pick up point you'll arrive in time to pick her up. You'll still have to pay the robbing bastards £1 charge but it's better than paying anymore

I'm here now just Parked near dobbies garden centre til she rings me

Last time I went up (about a month ago) it was, but a fella just said there was loads of cars in it yesterday, so now I don't know what to think!

Like I said I go past the airport to the next roundabout and park in the country lane, then go in the free bit (which is definitely there ;) )

Last time I went up (about a month ago) it was, but a fella just said there was loads of cars in it yesterday, so now I don't know what to think!

Like I said I go past the airport to the next roundabout and park in the country lane, then go in the free bit (which is definitely there ;) )

Are you talking about the one on the roundabout where people used to park? That got concrete slabs put in quite a while ago. Then there is another one a mile before the roundabout where you can pull in. Used to always be a bait wagon in there during the day too. Canny lad who ran it and cracking bacon sarnies.

Are you talking about the one on the roundabout where people used to park? That got concrete slabs put in quite a while ago. Then there is another one a mile before the roundabout where you can pull in. Used to always be a bait wagon in there during the day too. Canny lad who ran it and cracking bacon sarnies.

The one a mile away - last time I went past was closed off. Like I said sounds like it's changed now like

The one a mile away - last time I went past was closed off. Like I said sounds like it's changed now like

Well it wouldn't surprise me if the council blocked it off to make more money from the airport parking seeing as they are a shareholder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back