Airport Kiss and Fly charges

Stansted is a joke.. have 10 minutes max for your £4

Every minute extra is a couple quid upnto max of £25 for 30 minutes
Paid £4.50 when I got picked up from Manchester last week. Literally in the car park/pick up area for 2 minutes tops.

I was caught by this recently at Robin Hood airport. The last paragraph is a laugh, they cite congestion and air quality as the main reasons for charging.
Kiss and fly is a rather generous way of terming it. More accurate would be a lazy tax. Crack on, quadruple it for me. As long as it's free for the disabled. Free parking at Newcastle is a whole couple of minutes walk from the check in desks.
Garage forecourt at Ponteland airport is close enough and free
The official medium stay is free (unless it has changed recently). Twenty mins or something

Last edited:
Kiss and fly is a rather generous way of terming it. More accurate would be a lazy tax. Crack on, quadruple it for me. As long as it's free for the disabled. Free parking at Newcastle is a whole couple of minutes walk from the check in desks.

The official medium stay is free (unless it has changed recently). Twenty mins or something

Your right, just checked 15 minutes

What if you have two kids, several cases, pushchairs etc. Still lazy?

I flew to Bristol and back last week.
Parked in the short stay at 8pm and was back at 9pm the following night.

£56

More than the cost of the easyJet return flight and more than the hire car for the day.

Back