Air Pods Pro

Got mine today. Very good sound and the ANC is topper.
I’m kinda disappointed with the anc. Having them in with it on and no music doesn’t block out a whole lot imho.
Dinosaur alert, my son wants some for xmas. Is there any benefit of charging them wireless? I assume the wireless charger is extra?
if you’re getting the airpods pro there’s only the wireless charging case. The second gen you have a choice, I have the wireless ones but tbh it’s no big deal to have the plug in ones.

Last edited:

I’m kinda disappointed with the anc. Having them in with it on and no music doesn’t block out a whole lot imho.

if you’re getting the airpods pro there’s only the wireless charging case. The second gen you have a choice, I have the wireless ones but tbh it’s no big deal to have the plug in ones.
I have Beats ANC and I wouldn’t say that it blocks out much without any music on, mind. Are there any that do that you’d recommend?

I have Beats ANC and I wouldn’t say that it blocks out much without any music on, mind. Are there any that do that you’d recommend?
The bose 700 and the Sony wh 1000xm3 are incredible but are over ear headphones. Not surprising in ear ones don’t perform aswell to be honest.
Gonna give the AirPods a run out on the morning commute tomorrow. See how they fare with background noise while playing music. The previous AirPods were very leaky.

I’ve got some and they are going to replace my qc35 ii’s

they are night and day better than old AirPods, which I only ever used for conference calls in the end!

Been thinking for a while of getting some Bose QC35s as apparently they are the best noise cancelling out there.

In the Apple store yesterday and tried the new AirPods and was absolutely blown away by their noise cancelling and am thinking of getting them instead. Didn’t think you could get NC with earbuds but they really impressed me. I wear glasses so ear buds appeal more than over ears.

Anyone got them/tried them?

I’ve got a 40quid pair of senheisers earbuds and have them full blast in a quiet office and no one hears a thing

The bose 700 and the Sony wh 1000xm3 are incredible but are over ear headphones. Not surprising in ear ones don’t perform aswell to be honest.
Gonna give the AirPods a run out on the morning commute tomorrow. See how they fare with background noise while playing music. The previous AirPods were very leaky.
Wore them on the commute today and am wearing in the office now. They really are a lot better than I thought at first. The noise cancelling is better than I had first thought, blocks out all noise on the commute and office although wouldnt drown out a snoring partner which I had hoped for!

The sound quality is excellent, had been reading about people noticing stuff in songs they hadnt before and thought that was shite but was listening to my mates new album and kept hearing a strange fuzzy noise that I thought was external until I realised it was a bass line I hadnt previously noticed.

are they worth what they cost? maybe not but I'm happy with the purchase.

Wore them on the commute today and am wearing in the office now. They really are a lot better than I thought at first. The noise cancelling is better than I had first thought, blocks out all noise on the commute and office although wouldnt drown out a snoring partner which I had hoped for!

The sound quality is excellent, had been reading about people noticing stuff in songs they hadnt before and thought that was shite but was listening to my mates new album and kept hearing a strange fuzzy noise that I thought was external until I realised it was a bass line I hadnt previously noticed.

are they worth what they cost? maybe not but I'm happy with the purchase.
That’s great to know, thanks for the review.

I have a particularly busy tube commute and a screechy section between Highbury and Kings Cross. That will be my big test!

I’m kinda disappointed with the anc. Having them in with it on and no music doesn’t block out a whole lot imho

£1 earplugs would’ve saved you £249
Been thinking for a while of getting some Bose QC35s as apparently they are the best noise cancelling out there.

In the Apple store yesterday and tried the new AirPods and was absolutely blown away by their noise cancelling and am thinking of getting them instead. Didn’t think you could get NC with earbuds but they really impressed me. I wear glasses so ear buds appeal more than over ears.

Anyone got them/tried them?
Didn’t think you’d be able to try them for hygiene reasons.

Last edited:
Bought some in Seattle earlier in the week.

Major improvement on the air pods

unless you use them regularly not worth it

much more comfortable in the far with the various buds

i recommend them

I'll stick with my Optima Nuforce BE 4s as the sound quality is amazing and has a 10 hour battery life. Only thing is like is noise cancelling..

I bought some of these last week, absolutely brilliant atNoise cancelling, comfortable fit, and I’ve actually just sat and enjoyed music more recently, will be using them on the flight tomorrow to NYC...

am tempted by the new AirPods pro for commuting, And hopefully running. I park and walk from the car to the office and the Sony’s have no IP rating so wouldn’t want to wear them in this weather... will still wait a little while though and see more reviews and see if any bugs need ironing out... but if anyone wants over the ear phones, the sony ones are magnificent and much better than beats

Last edited:
Im not an Apple fanboy but the AirPods are class. Love mine. Don’t listen to all the farts that go out of their way to have a go at apple stuff.

Got these for my birthday last week and am really chuffed with them. The NC is brilliant and I’m always surprised when I put them in and it comes on automatically and the world just disappears.

Nice little touches like switching off when you take them out of your ear, being able to switch really easily to hear conversation if you want to, you can use them as a microphone,use Find my AirPods, you can use them one at a time if you want so you can lengthen battery life (although I’ve not had a problem yet, but they do drain faster than my Boses).

Lot of cash but worth it if you’re a regular user, and can’t/don’t want to wear over ears like me with my glasses on.

This is what's wrong with our society. £250 for a set of f***ing earphones man, sinful.
£1000 for a phone which dictates your life.

Don't cancel noise embrace it and the world around you. The next generation won't have the ability to interact except through electronics!!!

This is what's wrong with our society. £250 for a set of f***ing earphones man, sinful.
£1000 for a phone which dictates your life.

Don't cancel noise embrace it and the world around you. The next generation won't have the ability to interact except through electronics!!!
chill out man

Back