Air Pods Pro

Been thinking for a while of getting some Bose QC35s as apparently they are the best noise cancelling out there.

In the Apple store yesterday and tried the new AirPods and was absolutely blown away by their noise cancelling and am thinking of getting them instead. Didn’t think you could get NC with earbuds but they really impressed me. I wear glasses so ear buds appeal more than over ears.

Anyone got them/tried them?

They’re getting great reviews. I was put off at first, as not paying 250 big ones for earphones, cos I will lose them, and I find the bog standard Apple earphones you get with iPods etc absolutely hideous. But the reviews have changed my mind, so have asked for them for Christmas. Plan to try them in store before giving the go ahead though.

Got them on pre order Should be arriving next week. Lot of money hopefully they live up to it but all the reviews have been great.
The previous AirPods were very leaky with the sound.

fancied some as love the original ones but seem a bit steep for £250
I wasn’t a fan of the original ones - far too leaky and not a great fit.
They’re getting great reviews. I was put off at first, as not paying 250 big ones for earphones, cos I will lose them, and I find the bog standard Apple earphones you get with iPods etc absolutely hideous. But the reviews have changed my mind, so have asked for them for Christmas. Plan to try them in store before giving the go ahead though.
The Bose QC35s are more expensive, so I don’t feel too bad. ;)
Got them on pre order Should be arriving next week. Lot of money hopefully they live up to it but all the reviews have been great.
The previous AirPods were very leaky with the sound.
Exactly. I was really skeptical but they blew me away in store. I tested them in a huge noisy Apple store too and I literally couldn’t hear what the sales person was saying to me with them in and NC on.

Last edited:
Been thinking for a while of getting some Bose QC35s as apparently they are the best noise cancelling out there.

In the Apple store yesterday and tried the new AirPods and was absolutely blown away by their noise cancelling and am thinking of getting them instead. Didn’t think you could get NC with earbuds but they really impressed me. I wear glasses so ear buds appeal more than over ears.

I bought a pair last week and I love them. Had the original AirPods but fancied a change and totally agree the noise cancelling is amazing

I wasn’t a fan of the original ones - far too leaky and not a great fit.

Exactly. I was really skeptical but they blew me away in store. I tested them in a huge noisy Apple store too and I literally couldn’t hear what the sales person was saying to me with them in and NC on.
Am hoping they take care of a snoring partner! 🙈

I tested them in a huge noisy Apple store too and I literally couldn’t hear what the sales person was saying to me with them in and NC on.

Are you sure they weren't miming on purpose? QC35 II are old hat, 700s are the boys now like. I have a pair of 35 II's and they are amazing.

It is a lot of money like. Aren’t they headphones though? I do like Bose stuff, Bang & Olufsen as well. Sennheiser is usually my go to for earphones though, so will be interesting to see how the AirPods compare.

My last two earphones however were in fact two sub £10 pairs off amazon that had great reviews and they’ve been pretty good in fairness.

It is a lot of money like. Aren’t they headphones though? I do like Bose stuff, Bang & Olufsen as well. Sennheiser is usually my go to for earphones though, so will be interesting to see how the AirPods compare.

My last two earphones however were in fact two sub £10 pairs off amazon that had great reviews and they’ve been pretty good in fairness.

Can you remember which ones they were, looking for a decent cheap pair, i'm not into spending too much on earphones.....

Can you remember which ones they were, looking for a decent cheap pair, i'm not into spending too much on earphones.....
Betron GLD60 Noise Isolating in Ear Earphones Headphones Bass Driven Sound for Samsung, iPhone, iPod, iPad with Volume Control and Microphone Betron GLD60 Noise Isolating in Ear Earphones Headphones Bass Driven Sound for Samsung, iPhone, iPod, iPad with Volume Control and Microphone: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

Sephia SP3060 Noise Isolating in-ear Earphones Headphones, HEAVY DEEP BASS for iPhone, iPad, iPod, Samsung Galaxy, MP3 Players, Nokia, HTC, Nexus, BlackBerry Sephia SP3060 Noise Isolating in-ear Earphones: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

These were they mate.

The Betron were superior sound quality wise, but one of the ears has stopped working after 9 months of pretty average use, but mine do get battered hence going for cheaper options and it’s always the wire that gives out either at the earphone end or usually the jack.

Build quality isn’t quite as good as the Sephia pair, but sound and comfort is slightly better. The Sephia pair though have non tangle wires which I do like. Hope that helps.

Betron GLD60 Noise Isolating in Ear Earphones Headphones Bass Driven Sound for Samsung, iPhone, iPod, iPad with Volume Control and Microphone Betron GLD60 Noise Isolating in Ear Earphones Headphones Bass Driven Sound for Samsung, iPhone, iPod, iPad with Volume Control and Microphone: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

Sephia SP3060 Noise Isolating in-ear Earphones Headphones, HEAVY DEEP BASS for iPhone, iPad, iPod, Samsung Galaxy, MP3 Players, Nokia, HTC, Nexus, BlackBerry Sephia SP3060 Noise Isolating in-ear Earphones: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

These were they mate.

The Betron were superior sound quality wise, but one of the ears has stopped working after 9 months of pretty average use, but mine do get battered hence going for cheaper options and it’s always the wire that gives out either at the earphone end or usually the jack.

Build quality isn’t quite as good as the Sephia pair, but sound and comfort is slightly better. The Sephia pair though have non tangle wires which I do like. Hope that helps.

Cheers mate, much appreciated....

One of the lads in the office is an Apple nut and bought some, he took them back for a refund saying there was no bass response and poor sound quality. Despite all reviews saying they're great, he thinks his must have been faulty.

Got mine today. Very good sound and the ANC is topper.

If you’re an EE customer and have a contract with 12 months or more left on it you can get them as an add to plan add on over 11 months interest free.

Back