Air fryer things

Are they easy to clean out the drawers etc? Do you need to line them with anything?
I’ve experimented with silicon trays but I don’t really like them, they restrict airflow and take up a bit of the available space. The drawers/trays are very easy to clean anyway. If you want you can use parchment paper and there are aftermarket paper trays you can buy but it’s just a faff and extra expense as far as I’m concerned. If you do use anything lightweight in it be sure it’s weighted down so that it doesn’t get whisked up by the fans into the heating elements. Sounds obvious, I know, but you could get caught out if, for example, you put parchment paper in the tray and then decide to do a pre-heat. You don’t want a fire!

You can add wood to this one for flavour but it's heated by electric. I have fancied a dual fuel Ooni for a couple of years but this ninja one looks class.
Fair enough, whatever works best for you. Hopefully be able to dig my Ooni out in 3-4 months. Probably be 6 like with the shite weather we are getting.

Biggest clart on for me is getting stuff out of it
Chips etc
I can't just tip it cos the fat is sitting under the griddle shelf

I dropped an earthenware dish full of melted cheese last week trying to get it out of the air fryer. Cheese everywhere and a nice burn on my wrist to remind me of it.

Are they easy to clean out the drawers etc? Do you need to line them with anything?
Depends what you're cooking. I use greaseproof paper but in terms of handiness can't fault the thing. Skinny chips come out really well
I dropped an earthenware dish full of melted cheese last week trying to get it out of the air fryer. Cheese everywhere and a nice burn on my wrist to remind me of it.
My arms look like Simon weston

I did that out of a normal oven when we were up in Scotland. I was absolutely gutted as I was really looking forward to it.

I use the paper liners laid on the bottom of the drawer and the tray on top to hold it in place. Not really necessary though, just saves wear and tear on the drawer bottom.

Or this

If you wish to disappear down the Ninja rabbit-hole, a grabber saves the burns.

Last edited:
I was round married friends' house and the husband dropped a steaming casserole he was bragging about through a glass-topped coffee table. Bad night all round. Oh how we larfed.

Back