Air Conditioning

Dun Scathach

Midfield
Anyone on this board who works in air conditioning installation? Is there such a thing as a nice looking unit that wouldn’t look to ugly on a bedroom or living room wall?

We’re having some work done on our house at the minute and my mind has gone back to thinking about the warm summers nights. Had a quick look and can see that the units you buy now can also operate as a heating unit for winter months so might consider one.

Worth a punt!

Is it really that hot in South Durham mate? I know last year was a scorcher...

I dont sleep that well and it’s always been thought to be a dust allergy so I’d thought some kind of air purification system may help with air quality.

I also really like to be cold on a night, an average summers night for me is a bit of a struggle. Sweaty sheets and that.

Third reason, I don’t want underfloor heating and don’t like excessive radiators so an air con unit or units that can do both of the above and then kick off a little heat from time to time would be a good thing.

Sure it’s 50% discount marra. @SPUFF will be along to confirm.

Bit disappointed with 50% tbf. The greedy get.

I dont sleep that well and it’s always been thought to be a dust allergy so I’d thought some kind of air purification system may help with air quality.

I also really like to be cold on a night, an average summers night for me is a bit of a struggle. Sweaty sheets and that.

Third reason, I don’t want underfloor heating and don’t like excessive radiators so an air con unit or units that can do both of the above and then kick off a little heat from time to time would be a good thing.

Ah right! Well not that you have to justify yourself of course but those seem like perfectly valid reasons. You have my seal of approval.

Sleeping last summer was torturous at times.

He has got rent on his bedsit to pay ya knar marra.

Anyone on this board who works in air conditioning installation? Is there such a thing as a nice looking unit that wouldn’t look to ugly on a bedroom or living room wall?

We’re having some work done on our house at the minute and my mind has gone back to thinking about the warm summers nights. Had a quick look and can see that the units you buy now can also operate as a heating unit for winter months so might consider one.

Worth a punt!

Packaged Terminal Air Conditioner (PTAC)

Ah right! Well not that you have to justify yourself of course but those seem like perfectly valid reasons. You have my seal of approval.

Thanks man. Lots of roof lights and glass at the back of the house too. During the World Cup, unless we closed all blinds all day long the back of the house was uninhabitable at times during the day.

My missus was away the Columbia game so we had a party. I ended up wasted and asleep by 7pm and woke fresh as a nut the following morning. Came downstairs at the crack of dawn to what could only be described as the gates of hades. Adults sprawled everywhere, kids all asleep in my daughters room and the whole of the back of our house had been left wide open overnight. I shit you not. I spent at least an hour with a damp towel swinging at the thousands of horse flies that had gathered on the ceiling overnight.

I spent best part of two days cleaning up and cringing at my mates sons first words to me that morning, “My Dad spat wine in my eyes”. :oops:

I think that there are heat exchange machines that blow hot air in winter and cold air in summer.

Or just move house.

Did you sleep in the nude at all mr frijj?

Last edited:

Back