Ain't it funny ...

Reiver

Winger
... how time slips away.

After tomorrow we'll only have a dozen or so games left then we'll be in the close season with weekends free to look at furniture, do those jobs we've promised to do and spend quality time with the family.

However you might view this season it'll be over in a flash and you'll be left with no games to go to. League One might be in our past and the opportunity to cop a Wembley visit, in the Checkatrade, a thing of the past. I'll be trying my best to get to every game before it all ends starting tomorrow at Bristol Rovers.

A dozen games, home and away .... how many will you actually get to see?

... how time slips away.

After tomorrow we'll only have a dozen or so games left then we'll be in the close season with weekends free to look at furniture, do those jobs we've promised to do and spend quality time with the family.

However you might view this season it'll be over in a flash and you'll be left with no games to go to. League One might be in our past and the opportunity to cop a Wembley visit, in the Checkatrade, a thing of the past. I'll be trying my best to get to every game before it all ends starting tomorrow at Bristol Rovers.

A dozen games, home and away .... how many will you actually get to see?

Prefer the killer

Probably 2 but it's a really good post to get you thinking how the run in, is just about to get under way. It could be shite with a defeat in the cup semi (To stop a bloody good piss up weekend) and also lack of promotion would be a kick in the gonads, but it could be bloody fantastic with promotion (I don't care either way.in fact a play off win would be the better way for excitement, though i don't to to risk it) and a cup win at Wembley to top it off. Everyone has to pull together now, and i doff my cap to each and all who get to all the games/most of the games

I will be there & Ill get in - one way or another. But must say having tickets ( for any game) makes life easier & more relaxed beforehand
Aye I’ll be making a few phone calls. You never know. For the Man City game we had tickets but some of my sons mates didn’t. We had a drink in a bar at the top of Wembley Way and got talking to some lads from Oz who had been given tickets by their company. One of them said he didn’t want his ticket he was happy to stay in the pub and gave one of the lads his ticket for nothing.Btw it was an £85 ticket.
Happy Days. It was in our end anarl.

I can, keep me posted mate ;)
I’m not going in dressed as St Johns Ambulance, no way.

Last edited:
Prefer the killer

Not one of his best imo.

Nelson's version is heartbreaking .... Lewis is too arrogant for this kind of song.

My best/worst ever was at a sold out game, at Cardiff, when me and a mate hired wheelchairs from Mansfield General :neutral:

We were put at the side of the pitch and jumped up when we scored.

We legged it into the Sunderland end and couldn't recover the chairs ...

... lost our f***ing deposits :lol:

Last edited:
Aye I’ll be making a few phone calls. You never know. For the Man City game we had tickets but some of my sons mates didn’t. We had a drink in a bar at the top of Wembley Way and got talking to some lads from Oz who had been given tickets by their company. One of them said he didn’t want his ticket he was happy to stay in the pub and gave one of the lads his ticket for nothing.Btw it was an £85 ticket.
Happy Days. It was in our end anarl.

I managed to get 4 together ( as it turned out, for our end), had to pay face value for each ( think they were £85 each)?

Back