Aiden McGeady

Status
Not open for further replies.

He's exactly the type of winger O'neil loves.

Whether or not we're actually in for him, is another matter entirely.

The fact that Wigan* are linked with him suggests it could be a wind up by the press.

* :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Johnson and McClean have their strengths but McGeady does something regularly that they don't really do - takes on a defender one on one and beats him. The thing about McGeady though is his crossing can be erratic.

Cattermole N'Daiye
Johnson Sessegnon McGeady
Fletcher​

Zarate, McClean and Graham on the bench

haway

Quotes from McGeady himself last summer.

"Eventually, if I stay at Spartak for the next two years and my contract runs out, I would think so, but I am not really thinking about that at the minute.

"I am not thinking about leaving or thinking about upping sticks and getting myself to England or wherever.

"I am quite happy where I am - that's all there is to it.

"I am obviously settled there. I had a few issues a couple of months back, but we had a great end to the season, so I am happy there just now.

"I have still got two years left on my contract. Of course, I still have ambitions to play in England or wherever. I wouldn't want to stay there past my contract."

Big fan of his. We know MON is as well. He's got great feet, and he carries the ball at great pace. Would suit our counter attacking style. I'd be very happy if we got him.

McGeady - Sess - Johnson

Fletcher

With McClean, Larsson, Graham and Wickham as our other options. I'd settle for that like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back