Aiden John McGeady

This mentality is what got us into our mess in the PL btw, getting rid of anyone with a half decent touch in favour of a bunch of Ndongs and 'hard workers' who turned out to be... well... dump.

People want these super-efficient box to box players or 'solid workhorses' at every position, but literally every team needs skill and flair types on the wing or in midfield, or the team becomes a complete mess that can't break down teams of similar ability. You can't just outwork everyone. We have a lot of possession and we need to break down opponents, and you want him to track back and do what? Be an enforcer? His job is to drift in and out but to have the ball at his feet when it's most important.

Never tackles or wins the ball when the other team has it.

Doesn’t get near his man, and ball watches. If someone takes the balk off him he will never win it back.

He should at least try winning it back at this level.

Kept bombing towards the box (rather than down the wing) when we had the ball, meaning our midfield had to press further up away from the defence to link up with him.

He did manage to put a couple of good crosses in eventually. Should have been doing that for 90 mins.

Should be dropped imho. A good sub for when the other team is tired but I think he cost us points today.
He was constantly back supporting his full back, what game were you watching?.

Never tackles or wins the ball when the other team has it.

Doesn’t get near his man, and ball watches. If someone takes the balk off him he will never win it back.

He should at least try winning it back at this level.

Kept bombing towards the box (rather than down the wing) when we had the ball, meaning our midfield had to press further up away from the defence to link up with him.

He did manage to put a couple of good crosses in eventually. Should have been doing that for 90 mins.

Should be dropped imho. A good sub for when the other team is tired but I think he cost us points today.

What a f***ing drama queen

It's vital he gets us up this season because I think a championship team will take a chance on him in the summer and without him we'd be League 1 playoff fringes.

Last edited:

Back