Aftermarket batteries for Canon 6d

Status
Not open for further replies.

smoker

Striker
Anyone recommend a supplier of quality aftermarket batteries for the 5dIII, 6D, 7D etc? (LP-E6)

I've won a 6d off eBay for aurora bagging and it only comes with the original OEM battery.

Impressed with the Duracells for my 5d MK 1 but their LP-E6 equivalent on Amazon got hammered by angry punters complaining the camera and charger wouldn't recognise them.

Look at me, buying a camera less than ten years old etc.

I just use a twin pack I got from 7dayshop two years ago and they have been fine, but I don't spend all night out in freezing weather and I know you aren't a fan of theirs!

Smoggie Batteries always seem to get decent reviews and come with a 1 or 2 year guarantee depending on the range.

Cheers Rog. Got three spares with the camera but the charger wouldn't recognise them. Will check that out.

Sadly camera came with a deep scratch in LCD cover, bloody ebay chancers. Made a bollix of polishing it out with kids toothpaste - worked great on my Panasonics but just made the 6D worse. Looks like I may need to replace the whole window.

I've got 3 Duracells for my 6d and 7dmkii - use them no problems, Think mymemory offer best prices. Got 4 aftermarket ones work ok but a bit unreliable on how long they last, they seem to discharge when left in the camera.

Bought a couple off Amazon that work fine with the camera and charger. That said, the Canon one lasts ages when I turn the GPS off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back