After Life

I like Gervais but think everything he's done since The Office has been poor tbh, just found this boring and not particularly touching, every character is recognisable from other tv comedies (sort of took me out of it) just found it cringy but not in the 'Curb your Enthusiasm' sense of cringe, won't bother with series 2

We have only just watched the first series of After Life - all done in 2 nights. Absolutely brilliant TV. Very funny, moving and even thought provoking. Gervais is a genius. Going to start Series 2 tonight.
You'll love it mate. Make sure to then watch the out takes on You Tube. They are absolutely hilarious.

The older woman at the graveyard, who started going out with someone Ricky Gervais's character knew - were they the neighbours in Ever Decreasing Circles that would've shacked up together if Richard Briers wasn't married to her?

Thought it was poor, and I’ve liked most of Gervais TV stuff...

The over use of the C word, rendering it pointless.

And the Paul Kaye character plain annoying...If that was the point, well, it worked. Had to fast forward them bits.
He was a class character him man. Aye, a slightly exaggerated version of someone we all know, but still brilliant.

"Oh look, there's some of Ray's jizz on my shoe"

Thought it was poor, and I’ve liked most of Gervais TV stuff...

The over use of the C word, rendering it pointless.

And the Paul Kaye character plain annoying...If that was the point, well, it worked. Had to fast forward them bits.
I absolutely agree with over use of C word! I was well let down by Margaret from One foot in the grave saying the C word a few times in the 1st episode of 2nd season, old people swearing like that is not amusing, low form of humour. But later on his wife who was dead was calling him a C in a flashback video (albeit affectionately).

Think season 2 was real let down.

I absolutely agree with over use of C word! I was well let down by Margaret from One foot in the grave saying the C word a few times in the 1st episode of 2nd season, old people swearing like that is not amusing, low form of humour. But later on his wife who was dead was calling him a C in a flashback video (albeit affectionately).

Think season 2 was real let down.
All just down to taste. I thought it was very funny. Neither of us right or wrong.

Watching second series of Extras for first time since its first showing ( ignoring various snippets)
Just brilliant comedy and for the haters he's only a small piece of some class performances
Did anyone do cameos like this before extras ?
How did he get these people to make themselves look so shit . ?

Watching second series of Extras for first time since its first showing ( ignoring various snippets)
Just brilliant comedy and for the haters he's only a small piece of some class performances
Did anyone do cameos like this before extras ?
How did he get these people to make themselves look so shit . ?

Extras is his finest work. Its odd how it gets forgotten. It was superb!

Back