After Life

Can’t imagine anyone not being impressed by the writing and performance of
Derek , irrespective of whether you find him funny or not .
Each to their own but you are missing out .
Never seen any of Derek, the only problem I have with a lot of his stuff is it’s so cringey, it’s funny but most of the time I just want to hide behind the couch!
Is Derek like that?

Never seen any of Derek, the only problem I have with a lot of his stuff is it’s so cringey, it’s funny but most of the time I just want to hide behind the couch!
Is Derek like that?

Nope. His mate Kev produces the odd moment I guess but it's quite serious in parts.

Last edited:
Is Derek like that?
Derek is funny but a very warming lovely side added in.
It’s not all about Derek (Gervais). The other characters are the main storyline, even though Derek is the lead

Is Derek like that?
Derek is another failed attempt by him to be funny. Basically mocking people with special needs.

Can’t imagine anyone not being impressed by the writing and performance of
Derek , irrespective of whether you find him funny or not .
Each to their own but you are missing out .

His acting in the episode where the dog dies, truly incredible

Is Derek like that?
I’ve never seen it either, just don’t fancy it.

Not criticising or having a go here. It would be boring if everybody liked the same stuff. I’m just genuinely puzzled about anybody not liking The Office. Even if you don’t find it funny do you still appreciate the skill of the script writing and the acting?

Some of Extras was sublime. The timing of the “got any Vaseline?” scene with McKellen was comedy perfection.

The interaction between Ricky Gervais and Patrick Stewart in Extras is one of the funniest things I have seen on TV, absolute genius.

Don’t wanna brag or owt but he liked one of my tweets a couple weeks back. Pretty sure that makes us best friends

That's nowt man. I had a tweet liked by, wait for it -

Rowdy.
Roddy.
Piper.

Back onto Gervais anyway, he's far too self satisfied to be a good comedian.

Pretending to be someone with a disability for a laugh is apparently not mocking special needs people then.
I know you are just being silly Phil but is pretending to be Northern Irish mocking Northern Irish people? Even if you portray that Northern irish person as a nice caring individual?

Can you point me to a scene where Derek being disabled was the point of the joke?

Last edited:
I know you are just being silly Phil but is pretending to be Northern Irish mocking Northern Irish people? Even if you portray that Northern irish person as a nice caring individual?

Can you point me to a scene where Derek being disabled was the point of the joke?
Never watched it as he’s not funny

Back