After Life

I
Humour can divide people - I don't get things like only fools and horses or cheers but others think they are brilliant.

Apparently so, love comedy me but find Gervais unfunny. I've tried watching the office but can't see what's so funny about it tbh. Stick some only fools and horses on and I'm laughing. Cheers wasn't all that good imho but something like the Fast Show and League of Gentleman were comedy brilliance to me. Each to their own I suppose :lol:

I

Apparently so, love comedy me but find Gervais unfunny. I've tried watching the office but can't see what's so funny about it tbh. Stick some only fools and horses on and I'm laughing. Cheers wasn't all that good imho but something like the Fast Show and League of Gentleman were comedy brilliance to me. Each to their own I suppose :lol:

Not criticising or having a go here. It would be boring if everybody liked the same stuff. I’m just genuinely puzzled about anybody not liking The Office. Even if you don’t find it funny do you still appreciate the skill of the script writing and the acting?

Some of Extras was sublime. The timing of the “got any Vaseline?” scene with McKellen was comedy perfection.

Was on radio 2 this morning saying his new stand up show is called Super Natural where he "discredits the super natural but highlights everything super and natural". Like his tv programmes and this one looks good but he sounded smary and sicophantic as fuck this morning.

Not criticising or having a go here. It would be boring if everybody liked the same stuff. I’m just genuinely puzzled about anybody not liking The Office. Even if you don’t find it funny do you still appreciate the skill of the script writing and the acting?

Some of Extras was sublime. The timing of the “got any Vaseline?” scene with McKellen was comedy perfection.
It would be boring if we liked the same stuff I agree, I don't know what it is really, I love comedy but really can't get what's funny about Ricky Gervais. I've always had a wicked and weird sense of humour, everything from Laurel and Hardy, Marx Bros, Monty Python, Spike Milligan right through to the likes of Lee Mack but Ricky Gervais just doesn't do it for me, just like Jimmy Carr or Jack Dee. I admit that I haven't seen Extras, or much of his other stuff, purely because I don't find him funny.

Derek
Invention of Lying
Ghost town
Life's Too Short
David Brent live show
Humanity

All shite.
I’m a huge fan.
Derek was brilliant. In my opinion it could be his best work. It had a the right mix of comedy and a serious side to it.

Agree about life’s too short and you could have added Special Correspondents. Both terrible

This looks class

Can’t imagine anyone not being impressed by the writing and performance of
Derek , irrespective of whether you find him funny or not .
Each to their own but you are missing out .

Back