Afghans falling from planes leaving Kabul.

That there Tablian had to fight tooth and nail to take the northern provinces back in the late 1990s.

The Usbeks, Tajiks and Turkmen who live there then couldn't wait to be rid of the Pashtun invaders so it was a relatively easy task to form a northern alliance that drove the Tablian back.

This time the same people put down their arms and welcomed the Tablian back, so sick were they of the hated corrupt Kabul 'government' with their broken promises.

That seems to be why the whole country fell so quickly.

The poor blokes who fought and died for the Kabul regime are likely painted as cowards. Even those who abandoned their post's and ran knew there would be no support from their political masters.
They need another Massoud

It's awful

I can't believe so many men just walked out on their families. Left their women and children to whatever is coming.

There must be more to it.

I totally agree about more women (and children) on the flights
We made the wrong decisions. We should have trained the women to run the f***ing army. We should have trained the women how to use the guns.

😡😡

We made the wrong decisions. We should have trained the women to run the f***ing army. We should have trained the women how to use the guns.

😡😡
I'd imagine a woman opponent would be raped to death, over a long period, by the Islamist barbarians. So no excuses the blokes, facing an instant death, properly bottled it.

Fuck me how desperate they must be to get away .

Poor souls .

RIP.
It's the most horrendous footage I've seen (involving a western country) since the people jumping out of the burning twin towers. It's completely shocking and has genuinely hit me a bit. I'm disgusted in the reaction time of all UN partners to this catastrophe. Yes, Biden and the US take a lot of blame, but the UK and all other so called developed nations needed to react much quicker. To think we would believe a word that comes out of the mouths of these cretins in regards to timelines, safety of women, workers and people who worked with westerners is a total joke.

And they said "cheerio" to their families?

It seems strange to just turn up at the airport without them.
Was on 5Live yesterday that a lot of the Afghans working with the British army were young single men, I'm guessing when you see your parents killed, or your sister taken as a child bride, or you are educated you will most likely try and help the side you believe will bring a better society to your country.

Was on 5Live yesterday that a lot of the Afghans working with the British army were young single men, I'm guessing when you see your parents killed, or your sister taken as a child bride, or you are educated you will most likely try and help the side you believe will bring a better society to your country.
Even as a twenty yr old, would you really be so quick to say "cheerio and good luck" to your family?

Even as a twenty yr old, would you really be so quick to say "cheerio and good luck" to your family?
I hopefully would never have to make that choice, but if my family had already been killed or my sister had already been taken as a child bride then I'd probably get on the plane. To work for the allies in the first instance you need a blood good reason, majority of these would have seen their family have already been murdered, or their parents are telling them to get to safer land.

If their family are still alive I'm pretty sure they will be told to go, no parent will want to risk their kids life when they have the chance of a better one in a safe country.

Also nobody knows the stories of anyone in that picture, I'll give them the benefit of doubt that they have thought long and hard about this day hoping it would never come but once it has then I hope we help every single one of them.

When I’m Iraq we had an interpreter who said he moved his family out of Iraq, we guessed it was probably to Jordan until we approved his visa to the UK

I hopefully would never have to make that choice, but if my family had already been killed or my sister had already been taken as a child bride then I'd probably get on the plane. To work for the allies in the first instance you need a blood good reason, majority of these would have seen their family have already been murdered, or their parents are telling them to get to safer land.

If their family are still alive I'm pretty sure they will be told to go, no parent will want to risk their kids life when they have the chance of a better one in a safe country.

Also nobody knows the stories of anyone in that picture, I'll give them the benefit of doubt that they have thought long and hard about this day hoping it would never come but once it has then I hope we help every single one of them.
You seem to have built up a scenario for several thousand young men based on not much at all there like

You seem to have built up a scenario for several thousand young men based on not much at all there like
I based it off the information I heard from reporters in Afghanistan.

Ill be very shocked if many of them have said cheerio and good luck to family and left them behind in Afghanistan like you mentioned but if you have any proof of this then I'd love to see it.

As the poster above mentioned of any had family I'm sure they have tried or will be trying to get them out as well.

I hope we can agree that we should be helping out as many as possible who have helped us even if they are mainly young men.

Back