Afghanistan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aleem Dar

Striker
Playing Pakistan in a one-off ODI today.

The first ever ODI between an full member and Affiliate (3rd tier) member, so the Afghans first against a fully fledged member.

Shame they're going to get hammered BUT the experience will be good for them.

Aleem Dar said:

The first ever ODI between an full member and Affiliate (3rd tier) member, so the Afghans first against a fully fledged member.

Watch 'Out of the Ashes' - class documentary on the Afghans.

not deeing too bad, 113-5 after 25 overs, dare i say it, better than we managed :lol::lol:

Aleem Dar said:
Seen it mate. Was gutted for that coach they sacked when they started getting proper funding.

Me too. Amazing how they've grown though. There's an article on Cricinfo saying it's now law that schools have to play it over there. Reckon they might be Bangladesh standard within a generation.

Last edited:
Me too. Amazing how they've grown though. There's an article on Cricinfo saying it's now law that schools have to play it over there. Reckon they might be Bangladesh standard within a generation.

You would hope so, but when the ISAF forces pull out in a few years the Taliban will be straight back in over significant parts of the country, can't see them being Cricket patrons I'm afraid, that would be a real shame.

Mainze said:
You would hope so, but when the ISAF forces pull out in a few years the Taliban will be straight back in over significant parts of the country, can't see them being Cricket patrons I'm afraid, that would be a real shame.

The Taliban issued a message of support to the team before their ODI against Pakistan.

What happened in the game?

Well, you have two sides: one out in the field and one in. Each man that is in the side that is in goes out and when he is out he comes in and the next man goes in until he is out. When they are all out the side that is out comes in and the side that has been in goes out and tries to get those coming in out. When both sides have been in and out including the not outs, that is the end of the game.

Afridi took 5 wickets as Pakistan humped the Mujahideen.

Well, you have two sides: one out in the field and one in. Each man that is in the side that is in goes out and when he is out he comes in and the next man goes in until he is out. When they are all out the side that is out comes in and the side that has been in goes out and tries to get those coming in out. When both sides have been in and out including the not outs, that is the end of the game.

Afridi took 5 wickets as Pakistan humped the Mujahideen.

:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back