Advice needed with ex and son.

My ex has recently started a new relationship and over the weekend it came to my attention from his ex of 6 years that he is a bit of a wanker. Abusive, a drunk and very controlling. He gave this lass a fractured cheekbone amongst other not very nice things. I have tried to talk to my ex about this as we have a 4 year old son who I am now clearly worried about. She has refused to believe any of it and has said he has given up the drink and that is ex is just a woman scorned blah blah blah.

Unfortunately this ex never went to the police as she was terrified of him so as far as I believe he doesn’t have a domestic violence charge. Where do I stand legally with this as I have told her that Ill die before my little boy is allowed anywhere near him. I currently have him 2 nights a week, on a Tuesday after school and then one over the weekend.

I know that there are 2 sides to every story but by all accounts the stories she told me where hard to hear and I am sick with worry.

I know there is a thing called Clare’s law that I could contact the police about but I’m not sure how useful that will be if he doesn’t have an actual conviction of knocking anyone about. The lass has also given me a name and number of somebody to call at social services so I think I will call them at lunch.

Any help or advice would be great!!
Don’t believe her mate.
She is jealous of him. She’s that scared she decided not to go to police but comes to you? It doesn’t add up.
Your kid is at the same risk as any stranger getting with your ex. Just do like already been said ask the boy how he is regularly.
If you want to get back at your ex and her new fella send them a pic of you hanging out of this blokes ex. Don’t bring the bairn into it and use the owld I was only thinking of the bairn shite. I bet that’s the line his ex used.

The fact she has her court hearing is also quite timely.

She’s tracked you down to give you info that if you raise something may strengthen her case against her ex.

Regardless of the facts surrounding his past, sounds like she is doing this for her own means and not for the well-being of your son.

Points scoring for her I think.

As mentioned above, have a civil chat if possible, if not keep a close eye on your lad.

Back