Advice needed please !

Status
Not open for further replies.
No such thing as low calorie slaw, bin it, the potatoes too!
You have a sugar thing!
Got to get rid of the sugar in products, it will not help you.

I'll do whats right for me chick, I wont just eat fat and veg, I'm doing calorie counting and exercise - it'll get me where I need to be without making me ill ;)

A spoonful of sugar makes the medicine go down!

don't say that man, Ready Salted's head'll explode :rolleyes::lol:

I'll do whats right for me chick, I wont just eat fat and veg, I'm doing calorie counting and exercise - it'll get me where I need to be without making me ill ;)

don't say that man, Ready Salted's head'll explode :rolleyes::lol:
Exactly! On the spuds front too - you're having boiled ones which is a good way. You cannot be expected to have plates of nothing that don't fill you (especially at the beginning of a diet).

I would weigh the potoatoes before you have them, it surprising how many calories are in what looks like a small amount. I don't think you should avoid any foods totally just make sure your diets varied and your calorie counting is accurate.

Ok sweets, go for it. I'm routing for you. Go girl, you can do it!

thank you, and I will :cool:

I would weigh the potoatoes before you have them, it surprising how many calories are in what looks like a small amount. I don't think you should avoid any foods totally just make sure your diets varied and your calorie counting is accurate.

yup, I have done chick ;)

Exactly! On the spuds front too - you're having boiled ones which is a good way. You cannot be expected to have plates of nothing that don't fill you (especially at the beginning of a diet).
They are still spuds. Doesn't matter if you fry, boil, bake or mash.
It's the potato content that's not going to help you. Carbohydrate. It will kill you!

The weight is better of coming off slowly if you want to keep it off. Potatoes will kill you ffs.

Reposting from earlier in the thread:

""In the present meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials comparing low-carbohydrate diets with low-fat diets, we found that both diets were equally effective at reducing body weight and waist circumference."

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/23035144/

Also, bare in mind the carbohydrate intakes of some of the countries in the world with the lowest obesity rates."

Spuds are also a great source of various micronutrients and fibre. Take extreme views luke seen in this thread and the truth is probably somewhere in the middle.

Reposting from earlier in the thread:

""In the present meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials comparing low-carbohydrate diets with low-fat diets, we found that both diets were equally effective at reducing body weight and waist circumference."

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/23035144/

Also, bare in mind the carbohydrate intakes of some of the countries in the world with the lowest obesity rates."

Spuds are also a great source of various micronutrients and fibre. Take extreme views luke seen in this thread and the truth is probably somewhere in the middle.
I speak for Barbs when I say - 'saucy get'.

Weighing potatoes? You are joking? Dear me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back