Adverts

Status
Not open for further replies.

rokerman

Striker
Hello Roger/mods
My query is related to the <very> annoying ads that RTG display.

I have an AD blocker so rarely see the tripe that is served up. When I do (on my phone) it just confirms I am right to block 'cheap phone r us'.

Can you provide some transparency as to how much these ads support the forum?

I work in ecommerce and know the value of ads. I'd be interested to know if anyone clicks on the ads and the value it adds.

Cheers

Not sure they would like to share that information with anyone really - "Mind your own business" quote springs to mind

I don't have a problem with adverts. I do have a problem being served up advert that are not relevant to me.

Getting anyone at all to advertise on a footy message board is a difficult business as many people don't want to be associated with us, so we can only serve up what adverts we have available!

I am sorry that you find them very annoying, but we do try to keep the sizes to a minimum, and don't accept pop-ups, popunders, videos, interstitials or ads with audio on them - all of which would generate more money, but would be much more annoying to the users of the site.

As you obviously know, even a single click will potentially generate revenue (although some rely on a sale being made) - no adverts = no clicks = no revenue.

The more money that is generated, the better the site can be. Both in terms of equipment, and if we ever get back to earning enough having professional feature writers/designers etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back