Adverts in the 70s..

• Thread starter Deleted member 6830
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 6830

Was loads of them, Charlie Says, Petunia, Mike " he swims like a fish", Rolf Harris swimming baths (oh dear) Reggie Molehusband etc, but can anyone recall the advert that brought " ah look it's half pint Harry" to fame ?
What was the advert aiming at ? Obvly something to do with drink.
Even better if someone cud hoy up a link to the actual advert.
Was talkin bout this in pub before game and no one amongst the 10 of us cud recall it properly

Title should have been Public Information Adverts in the 70s:oops:

The one about rugs on polished floors being like bear traps was a bit OTT like. We had lino in 1970's Witherwack.

I feel old but I was just reciting (to myself - another sign of age/madness) the "Meet Mike...he swims like a fish" sadly I know all the words. :lol:

Oh look who it is it's half pint harry.
Two lads get on a bus and rip the piss out of their mate who didn't drink as much as them the night before. They go on to brag about how pissed they were and had a great night. Then the fit bird comes into shot and puts her arm round harry, who winks and says he had a great night anarl.
Basically the ad is saying don't drink as much then you buck the best fanny.

Two lads get on a bus and rip the piss out of their mate who didn't drink as much as them the night before. They go on to brag about how pissed they were and had a great night. Then the fit bird comes into shot and puts her arm round harry, who winks and says he had a great night anarl.

Saved me posting...well done.

Would have been "Don't Be A Two Can Van Damme" in the 90's

80's that like I reckon.

The public information film about the dangers of kids getting trapped inside abandoned fridges always seemed slightly unnecessary to me.

Sir Isaac Newton told us why, an apple falls down from the sky>>>>>>>

Remember that one?

Oh and the one about the unguarded fire too

Saved me posting...well done.
I remember all the beer ads and the songs from, dad didn't mend my tracta-nivver mind pet you ll see him tommora. To a pint of lorries da da da da da da da. And got nee propa glasses pet (with Alun Armstrong) the lot. Nee wonder I'm a functioning alchy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back