Advent Calendar 2017

Dunno about you but I thought the Camden Hols was awful. The Hitachino Nest on the other hand was really nice.
Nest was canny. Really liked the Japanese one from last night. Got Santa Gose Down Under chilling as well as a Four Pure American Ale.

The Camden Hols was OK but they’d really gone to town on the hops with about 5 or 6 different ones. It made it quite overpowering.

Last edited:

Got a lovely Berliner Pilsner to try (again) tonight. It’s lovely. At least it was when I tried to consume my own body weight in it three weeks ago in Berlin.

Looking forward to it.

Poor offering today @Henners61 @Wilfy Manns Brown Ale. Never had it but not sure its even worth it at 2.8%

Touched out mate , lad over the road mentioned he had a advent beer calendar but isnt keen on IPA . I offered him the Mann ( even told him it was 2.8 (FFS) ) and he gladly swapped a STONE Belgium IPA 330ml and 6.9% !!! Happy days . He has 2 oe 3 more IPA in the fridge awaiting a swap :)

Touched out mate , lad over the road mentioned he had a advent beer calendar but isnt keen on IPA . I offered him the Mann ( even told him it was 2.8 (FFS) ) and he gladly swapped a STONE Belgium IPA 330ml and 6.9% !!! Happy days . He has 2 oe 3 more IPA in the fridge awaiting a swap :)
Proper result that mind. I'm happy to swap him my Brown Ale if he likes it:)

Back