Adjustable Dumbells

Geppetto

Midfield
Anyone got any for a reasonable price. I don't fancy spending £600 on a pair in fear they'll break and also worry I'm just splashing cash on a brand unnecessraly. Anyone use these and can recommend a pair that offer value?

If the recommendation is an expensive pair, fair enough.

Bought the 25k Ativafit ones which are £175 each. I had amazon vouchers so got them half price.

They are decent. a bit clunky and noisy when trying to change up the weights but thats the only issue, they are very reliable so far.

Bought the 25k Ativafit ones which are £175 each. I had amazon vouchers so got them half price.

They are decent. a bit clunky and noisy when trying to change up the weights but thats the only issue, they are very reliable so far.
What they like to grip mate, comfortable?

What they like to grip mate, comfortable?
yeah absolutely fine

my only minor issue is the plates attached are a little wobbly (but safely attached) and so they can be a bit fiddly to get them back into the stack, but you get used to it, and thats the worst thing you have to put up with Vs having to buy shitloads of seperate dumbbells so just not an issue. I also bought the Flybird adjustable weights bench for £98, and I have some bands for warm up stretches. Thats my whole weights set up at home (I also use the gym so my home set up is for extras or when I can't get to the gym)

So I did some more research and ended up settling on the Braingain 32kg adjustable dumbells in 2kg increments. They arrived last week and so far so good. Easy to setup and very easy to adjust. They took around 3 weeks to arrive, but the company remained in touch throughout with updates.

Last edited:

Back