Adidas trainers

I’ve stopped buying them like. Prices were just going up and the quality was going down.

Still annoyed I didn’t get the stuttgart to be honest

Adidas have been flogging a dead horse for years and anyone who goes for that Spezial shit is basically a simpleton.
I was given some for Christmas, black suede with orange stripes. Really poor quality, took them back.
Straight on e bay..double your money..not that I’d be queueing up like.
It seems popular to do that and is obviously a money maker. Couldn’t be arsed myself like.

Last edited:
I was given some for Christmas, black suede with orange stripes. Really poor quality, took them back.

It seems popular to do that and is obviously a money maker. Couldn’t be arsed myself like.
It’s a clart on having to wrap them and post them but the last city series Adidas did..Shanghai..Havana..etc..you could quadruple your money.

Adidas have been flogging a dead horse for years and anyone who goes for that Spezial shit is basically a simpleton.
There’s a couple of lads On Instagram I’ve seen who even have that daft spezial logo tattooed in themselves. Christ

Some of Spezial stuff is nice and some of it is absolute shite, I really don’t get why most seems to warn every single item in the range all the time, same with these Size collections, surely you just should buy what you like

There’s a couple of lads On Instagram I’ve seen who even have that daft spezial logo tattooed in themselves. Christ
Ridiculous. The whole Spezial thing is an appropriation of the 70s/80s style when adidas was innovative and looked fantastic. That Gary Arsepen bloke goes on like he’s reinvented the wheel when all he’s actually done is look at some old catalogues from 1981 and told the actual blokes who create the stuff ‘Can we have the sole from this trainer with the upper from this one’ and then name the friggin thing after some musician in some Manc group.

Ridiculous. The whole Spezial thing is an appropriation of the 70s/80s style when adidas was innovative and looked fantastic. That Gary Arsepen bloke goes on like he’s reinvented the wheel when all he’s actually done is look at some old catalogues from 1981 and told the actual blokes who create the stuff ‘Can we have the sole from this trainer with the upper from this one’ and then name the friggin thing after some musician in some Manc group.
I must admit I liked the lacombes from a while back but the soles didn’t last long with my bandy legs and awkward feet. Prefer NB all the way. Unlikely to ever be appropriated by ‘ladz’ anyway Agree about aspden as well - he’s treated like a god on social media by the internet casuals who love posting their outfit grid before an away game (always generic SI and spezials in matching colours). Loves getting Liam Gallagher to sport his stuff pre release as well just to stir up a bit of a frenzy amongst the types who keep 100 pairs unworn in their box room.

Last edited by a moderator:
I must admit I liked the lacombes from a while back but the soles didn’t last long with my bandy legs and awkward feet. Prefer NB all the way. Unlikely to ever be appropriated by ‘ladz’ anyway Agree about aspden as well - he’s treated like a god on social media by the internet casuals who love posting their outfit grid before an away game (always generic SI and spezials in matching colours). Loves getting Liam Gallagher to sport his stuff pre release as well just to stir up a bit of a frenzy amongst the types who keep 100 pairs unworn in their box room.
‘Internet casuals’ exactly people who weren’t around the first time and anyone who knows their stuff wouldn’t be seen dead in anything Liam Gallagher wears :D

Missed out on the LG2 Spezials despite entering about 10 different raffles. Saving even more money thanks to Gary Aspden’s latest uninspiring collection.

Back