Adidas trainers

Be careful when putting a pair of Trabs on that you’ve not worn in years - the soles disintegrate.

Went to see New Order last September at the O2 in London. Couldn’t decide what to where, tried a few pairs on then decided to wear a pair of Trabs that I’ve not worn in a good 15 years. By the time I got to North Greenwich, so an hour after leaving the house, the soles had already started to crack, bits falling off. By the time the gig starts chunks of the side of the sole had fallen off. By the time I got home there was barely any olf the sole left on the trainer, looked like a right tramp.

Got another pair in the cupboard, barely worn. No doubt they will collapse too if worn.
Point noted, that's a pisser. A good 15 years ago I had a pair of california buckle on me on their maiden voyage, don't know whether they were ancient or snides. The chunky soles split like they had been slashed with a razor, feet peeking through, fortunately we were just out to the flicks, had to shuffle back to the car. Wife said I looked like I had shat myself. I'll test the trabs first before venturing too far :lol:

Point noted, that's a pisser. A good 15 years ago I had a pair of california buckle on me on their maiden voyage, don't know whether they were ancient or snides. The chunky soles split like they had been slashed with a razor, feet peeking through, fortunately we were just out to the flicks, had to shuffle back to the car. Wife said I looked like I had shat myself. I'll test the trabs first before venturing too far :lol:
The sole on Trabs seem to ‘dry out’ with age, if that makes sense. They lose their flexibility and just become brittle, almost powder-ish when they start falling apart. Definitely test your ones out before venturing out the house.

The article makes the obvious point they're just ubiquitous these days.

This is made worse with the number of people who wear trainers in situations they wouldnt have in decades gone by e.g. middle aged men, old men, prime minister being interviewed.
They seemed to dump a load of Sambas over here a month back. Leather and vegan ones. They were selling for £10-15 depending on the seller. I bought a pair and did a full inspection, they definitely weren’t fake and I couldn’t find any fault on them. Ended up sending them back though as the biggest they had were 10.5 and they were just too narrow. I assumed they mustn’t be selling in western markets.

Back