Adidas trainers

Seem to be loved and ridiculed in equal measures on here. Sambas were getting a particularly hard time of it recently.

What camp are you in?

Gum soled sambas. I’ve got a black Leather pair with white stripes from 2008, all cream suede and claret with cream stripes
Jeans: sky blue suede magenta and black/green suede with yellow
350s: claret and blue suede

bad:
the rest. especially Gazelles and Superstars since lasses started wearing them.

Best I’ve seen were the navy and claret Jeans from JD but can’t find them anywhere now

Last edited:
Seem to be loved and ridiculed in equal measures on here. Sambas were getting a particularly hard time of it recently.

What camp are you in?
Diadora Borg Elite.
What are the Diadora pair like for comfort? Those Borg elites are smart, wouldn't mind a pair
Class mate, just got some white and silver/grey ones delivered from Italy for £52. Cannot gan wrong and cool as owt.

Last edited:
I got a pair of the Winterhill in the latest Spezial release yesterday. Kind of like a hiking boot. No idea if they will be any good or if I’ll keep them. I do like the colours on them - if they fit and aren’t shit quality I’ll keep them.

Dug a pair of adidas San Francisco out today. Good trainer that.
Diadora Borg Elite.

Class mate, just got some white and silver/grey ones delivered from Italy for £52. Cannot gan wrong and cool as owt.

Had a pair of the original ones, with Borg’s signature on it. The front ripped on them. Used to play football in them back in 1986. Think they were made with kangaroo skin.

They were smart trainers and comfy but didn’t last long. Well, mine didn’t.

My mate pinched the shoe bag they came in, he still has it, 30 odd years later! Lasted considerably longer than the trainer.

Last edited:
I got a pair of the Winterhill in the latest Spezial release yesterday. Kind of like a hiking boot. No idea if they will be any good or if I’ll keep them. I do like the colours on them - if they fit and aren’t shit quality I’ll keep them.

Had a pair of the original ones, with Borg’s signature on it. The front ripped on them. Used to play football in them back in 1986. Think they were made with kangaroo skin.

My mate pinched the shoe bag they came in, he still has it, 30 odd years later! Lasted considerably longer than the trainer.
Still the best and coolest mate.

They were kangaroos skin. I bought a pair in carnaby street in the early 80s, stopped off in London with the Shields branch on the way to Southampton.

They were kangaroos skin. I bought a pair in carnaby street in the early 80s, stopped off in London with the Shields branch on the way to Southampton.

ca
I've got a pair of kangaroo skin ones still

If they are the ones from the 80s, with Borg’s signature on it they will be worth an absolute fortune. Bet you could get four figures for them if in good nick.

Back