Addiction

• Thread starter Deleted member 45378
  • Start date
I have zero sympathy for smokers who must be among the weakest and stupidest people on the planet. The ill effects of smoking have been known and publicized since the 1960s and yet people still take it up under the illusion that it’s cool and the ill effects won’t harm them.
Don't forget smelliest.

I feel strange if I don't have my phone with me.

I have zero sympathy for smokers who must be among the weakest and stupidest people on the planet. The ill effects of smoking have been known and publicized since the 1960s and yet people still take it up under the illusion that it’s cool and the ill effects won’t harm them.

I don't smoke, but I can understand social smoking. What I can't get my head around is people that are so desperate for a tab that they'll have one in the car while driving.

One of my mates lit one up on the runway/walk to terminal straight after getting off a plane earlier this year. Daft fucker. He was sharp told to put it out.:lol:

Struggled with addiction to amphetamines in the past and also alcohol, took a lot to knock the first lot on the head but did it, and mostly have the second under control bar the odd time. Admitting the problem with drink only came recently and, unsurprisingly, it's been much harder to kick than the amphetamines because it's so socially accepted. Can't whack a gram of whizz with me Dad for starters.

If anyone thinks folk with addictions are simply "weak" then they're wrong.

Well done on admitting the problem man, I wish you luck in breaking free of it.

Crap food
Booze for a brief time
The bandits on and off

I don't buy it often so I can't eat it as much
The hangovers kind of stopped it on top of being told I was being a tit
Go on the pub quiz machine instead as you lose money much more slowly and they're more fun

I drink too much but no addiction, I’ve never smoked and gamble £2 per week on a coupon with a couple of lads (£2 between us and we missed the first few weeks of the season ) but I get that people go down that path and can’t turn round. A close family member has addictions, it was drink but it’s also been exercise, eating, work and study. Pretty much anything could be the next obsession which is harmful no matter what it is, some just more harmful than others. It is an illness that needs treatment and help.

I like gambling. I have an online account and put £100 in each month. Sometimes end up putting ano
I drink too much but no addiction, I’ve never smoked and gamble £2 per week on a coupon with a couple of lads (£2 between us and we missed the first few weeks of the season ) but I get that people go down that path and can’t turn round. A close family member has addictions, it was drink but it’s also been exercise, eating, work and study. Pretty much anything could be the next obsession which is harmful no matter what it is, some just more harmful than others. It is an illness that needs treatment and help.
Sorry, but :lol: :lol: . Do you have any pocket money left over?

This is why we needed to ban the FOBT machines.

One of the few good moves the Tories made.
Online gambling is dangerous too though.You can gamble on the mosey obscure things 24 hours a day. I've never been a big gambler but it's easier to see how things can get out of control.

Does anybody on here willing to admit they suffer from or have suffered from addiction.

My addiction is gambling ,it has destroyed every little part of my life. I gamble to chase the substantial amount of money I have lost.... In reality I know this can never occur but yet I cling onto that hope.

I've lost friends relationships self respect..ive even been sleeping rough in the past because of gambling.

I used to be really discriminatory towards others that suffer from addiction...but that was so wrong of me.

Gambling is all I've ever known...my safety net ...do I want to break away from it... Nope is the honest answer but the future is a very scary place indeed for me...I wish I could just walk away.....but I'm already planning my next pay day...

If anyone on here suffers from addiction or has suffered I salute you for your openness...and good look battling it....admitting it is a huge step

By the way im very lucky indeed ....I read foggys posts and stuff about Luis Enrique daughter dying aged 9 and I'm thankful that I still have my physical health....

I suffer from alcoholism despite the fact I've been sober today some days I can gan without but others I drink like a fish

booze for me wouldn't say im an alcoholic but booze has defiantly had a negative impact on me, usually causing me to do stupid things that nearly destroyed a family....

it makes me laugh how much tabs, and gambling and drugs have such bad reputations when booze is just as f***ing bad

i bet more lives have been ruined by drink than the above put together.....
I drink too much at weekends but do manage to keep my behaviour in check. I now try to buy 3 or 4 really nice beers to have a pleasant sup rather than 8 cans of strong shite lager but sometimes I just want to get pissed.

I feel strange if I don't have my phone with me.

I don't smoke, but I can understand social smoking. What I can't get my head around is people that are so desperate for a tab that they'll have one in the car while driving.

One of my mates lit one up on the runway/walk to terminal straight after getting off a plane earlier this year. Daft fucker. He was sharp told to put it out.:lol:
I use my phone too much. Using it now in fact while the bairns are watching TV before their tea. Sometimes I am using it to read useful information but often I'm am just posting shite on here and the other apps I use.
Crap food
Booze for a brief time
The bandits on and off

I don't buy it often so I can't eat it as much
The hangovers kind of stopped it on top of being told I was being a tit
Go on the pub quiz machine instead as you lose money much more slowly and they're more fun
Booze and crap food go hand in hand for me. Eat well during the week then ruin it all with booze and takeaways on a weekend. I have been excercising more recently though.

Last edited:
Tabs are my downfall. Tried a few times to stop but still wander back

You tried Champix mate?
I quit for 6 year on them but stupidly started smoking again, back on the tablets now so my quit date is next Thursday.

They worked really well last time so hopefully will be the same again.

You tried Champix mate?
I quit for 6 year on them but stupidly started smoking again, back on the tablets now so my quit date is next Thursday.

They worked really well last time so hopefully will be the same again.
tried them. Shouldnt have really, I was struggling with depression and it made me ten times worse

Back