Adapting to a new country/climate

Oz must almost have different climates within one country?...mate of mine and massive lads fan moved to Adelaide canny few years back.The climate and location seems to suit him .
It does. I’m in Perth. The last few months (our winter) at times have been freezing. Don’t get me wrong, nothing compared to what I experienced in the old country and nothing like a good old NE winter, but still cold. Spring now though and I’m back to walking the dog wearing t shirt and shorts again.

I'm getting bunged up noses in the morning from the air con, but they quickly pass. I've had a few issues related to cuisine here and sweat related stuff. I have a case of tinea versicolor on my chest, for example, which although painless is unsightly. I'm medically insured here, but the doctors are either medieval in their methods or don't speak English which is problematic. :lol: Our insurer recommends trips to Bangkok for any medical treatment.

I think my body is struggling with the hot and wet tropical-like conditions over here. I'm constantly covered in sweat unless I have the air con on full blast.

Sounds like you have burmese aids rip

I moved to Burma for work about seven weeks ago and since I arrived I have been struggling with an inundation of minor health issues which I can only attribute to the massive difference in temperature and climate. The issues are nothing major in and of themselves, but the accumulation of small problems is trying. Has anyone else moved to a similar place and how long did it take for your body to get used to its new surroundings? Or did you struggle with little niggles for the entirety of your stay?
Moved to North Yorkshire a few years back.

Couldn't get to grips with the language, The lager wasn't fizzy,
The surrounding area stunk of shit.

But I felt alright health wise.

Hope this helps.

I moved to Burma for work about seven weeks ago and since I arrived I have been struggling with an inundation of minor health issues which I can only attribute to the massive difference in temperature and climate. The issues are nothing major in and of themselves, but the accumulation of small problems is trying. Has anyone else moved to a similar place and how long did it take for your body to get used to its new surroundings? Or did you struggle with little niggles for the entirety of your stay?
Worse look at me thread ever

It took me about 2 weeks to adapt

Did 2 years in Abu Dhabi - office based around the region (mostly Saudi). Everywhere aircon’d to within an inch of your life so the adjustment was more to that than the heat. Mind - going for a wander in Doha when the mercury hit 52 was interesting. Came back 2 years ago, and it felt bloody cold! Kids copped it worst of all - seasonal eczema both directions.

The body does eventually climatise but it takes a while. If you are not carrying too much extra clem the process should be quicker.

Oh and sleep with a rotating fan,.

Last edited:
I moved to Houston 12 years ago and still haven’t got used to the humidity - often 90%. The mossies were a nightmare for the first few years too, but I seem to be immune to them now.

Still have respiratory issues from the pollen too.

Back