Adams Ferdinand Terry

• Thread starter Deleted member 45378
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 45378

The BBC ran a poll to find England's best ever centre halves...bobby Moore was centre half alongside Rio Ferdinand.

Bollocks in my opinion Bobby Moore fair enough...but I would put Tony Adams , then John Terry then a fair bit 3rd Rio

Rio was probably the best passer but the main qualities you need as a centre half brilliant tackling a fair bit strength and a never say die attitude

Terry doesn't get the credit he deserves because he was a dirtbag in his private life.

Where would you put Adams Ferdinand and Terry in order

No idea about Moore as I never saw him and only have 66 and stories to go off.

Adam's and Terry were good english style centre halves, but Rio was better and Rio for a small window was world class, possibly the best centre half in Europe for a couple of years, maybe.

I'd put Terry Butcher up with Adam's and ahead of Terry. I was never convinced Terry was international class, for all his dodgy knees and the fact early on he played in defensive midfield for England I thought Ledley King was better and more suited at international level.

I did that quiz and put Moore and Adams. It was more difficult than I'd expected.
I mentioned it to my Dad and he said he'd seen it but when Duncan Edwards wasn't an option he didn't think it was worth doing.

I picked Moore and Rio for my team.

Out there f them 3 I’d have Rio, Terry then Adams. I’d also have Sol Campbell in there, equal with Terry.

Adam's and Terry were good english style centre halves, but Rio was better and Rio for a small window was world class, possibly the best centre half in Europe for a couple of years, maybe.

I'd put Terry Butcher up with Adam's and ahead of Terry. I was never convinced Terry was international class, for all his dodgy knees and the fact early on he played in defensive midfield for England I thought Ledley King was better and more suited at international level.
Aye. Woodgate and King were miles better than Terry. Careers wrecked by injuries.
You’ll never beat Des Walker...

Rio was class at his peak. Didn’t need to tackle as he read the game instead.
Walker was finished once the backpass was abolished. His pace was too much for any forward and all he used to do was pass it back to keeper. Once summit extra was reqd he was found wanting. In Italy they couldn’t believe how unskilled he was.

Moore and Beattie for me.

Last edited:

Ledley King would have been a world class centre half. He’s one a two players we were deprived of through injuries, the other being Woodgate.

Back