Adam Matthews

I reckon he's come along leaps and bounds, when he first came he didn't even look like a football player but as @mart said, he was one of the first to commit when we went down.

Fair enough he's made a few mistakes but he's still playing pretty well at this level.

From the south stand it looked as though Baldwin was weak as piss allowing their player to get the ball in, Loovens completely fucked the clearance up and Matthews made a fantastic last ditch covering tackle, which bounced straight to their lad who scored.

Could be wrong mind
Nor this happened, mate.

There were 4 factors in the goal:

*Baldwin was favourite for the ball but let their lad got there first.
*Their lad skinned Baldwin from a tight angle
*Loovens swung a foot at the weak cross(and missed (by a foot))
*Matthews blocked it and it fell to their striker 12 yards out

Then goal

I like him, he's pacy, gets up and down the line well, and can defend. If we get promoted he's one of the players you'd hope can contribute at that level.

Other than McGeady he's been our best player since the Port Vale game, he more than deserves that goal today.

His first mistake in that time spell nearly cost us the game admittedly.

Time this lad got some credit. He’s came in for plenty of stick over the years but he was one of the first to commit to staying this season and has grown in confidence and he’s now a very important player for us.
He only commited as he was never going to get the wages he was on here elsewhere, and probably wouldnt have got a move anywhere

Playing well in general and 1 of the first names on the teamsheet. Nearly cost us a win right at the end mind, but thankfully we got away with it.

Nor this happened, mate.

There were 4 factors in the goal:

*Baldwin was favourite for the ball but let their lad got there first.
*Their lad skinned Baldwin from a tight angle
*Loovens swung a foot at the weak cross(and missed (by a foot))
*Matthews blocked it and it fell to their striker 12 yards out

Then goal
I’ve noticed that when the balls out wide, Baldwin is often favourite to get to it first but he seems to let the attacker have it while he gets himself into position to defend, I.e. goal side.

He only commited as he was never going to get the wages he was on here elsewhere, and probably wouldnt have got a move anywhere
An interesting point and as he’s out of contract in summer raises the question of what we should do with him regarding a new contract, do we try and keep him or just let him go on basis that even if we’re promoted we can’t afford what he’s likely to be looking for

Has a good engine but makes mistakes, suppose that if we do go up wellw have to look at whether a new right back is a priority or we should put the money elsewhere.

An interesting point and as he’s out of contract in summer raises the question of what we should do with him regarding a new contract, do we try and keep him or just let him go on basis that even if we’re promoted we can’t afford what he’s likely to be looking for
Id pay him a league 1 wage , so reduced terms, but if we get promoted then a small rise

Back