Acne and loosing weight

hoggs11

Central Defender
When i was a young urchin i had bad acne but as i got into my late 20s it cleared up mostly.
After eating shite for how ever many years and drinking too much iv changed my diet.
Lots more veg, no fried foods and very little drink. Now i feel better in myself and iv gone down from 118kg to 107kg (still need a fair bit more shifted).
Clothes fit better etc. The trouble is at the age of 34 iv now got the complextion of an hormonal teenager.Whats confusing is i thought the better diet would actully make it better not worse so im a bit puzzled.
Any ideas why?

Last edited:

When i was a young urchin i had bad acne but as i got into my late 20s it cleared up mostly.
After eating shite for how ever many years and drinking too much iv changed my diet.
Lots more veg, no fried foods and very little drink. Now i feel better in myself and iv gone down from 118kg to 107kg (still need a fair bit more shifted).
Clothes fit better etc. The trouble is at the age of 34 iv now got the complextion of an hormonal teenager.Whats confusing is i thought the better diet would actully make it better not worse so im a bit puzzled.
Any ideas why?
Just because your diet has improved it doesn’t mean that the acne will clear. Apparently it’s still common for people in their 30s as it can be linked to hormones.

Why not ask your gp to refer you to a dermatologist?

Just because your diet has improved it doesn’t mean that the acne will clear. Apparently it’s still common for people in their 30s as it can be linked to hormones.

Why not ask your gp to refer you to a dermatologist?
Its not that marra what i was getting at was with the shite diet my skin was clear but now iv got onto a better diet its worse

Any ideas why?
Its proven that exercise improves skin.

Pantothenic acid (vit b5). Get some powder and take a teaspoon of it a couple of times a day. Takes like hell and might make the world fall out of your arse until your body aclimatises, but it works.

Diet has very little to do with acne.
See a doctor- it could be Rosacea. Had this myself and a course of antibiotics will sort it. More likely to flare up in winter.

Back