Accrington vs Luton Sky Sports Main Event 17:30 KO

They were decent aye but I don't think they're the best in the league. Personally say Pompey are the best team i've seen us play this season. All about opinions I guess.
I should imagine to anybody who has just watched SAFC matches, Pompey are the best opposition you will have faced on what you’ve seen. One of only 3 teams to beat you, with Burton and Coventry also impressing.

From what I’ve seen, I have to say that Luton and Charlton have been the best two sides in the games against us. We’ve not lived with the power and quality of their midfields, despite a fortuitous opening day victory against Luton. It staggered me that in the EFL L1 team of the year, they went with Mowatt, Kane and McGeehan in midfield, when the 3 best midfielders I’ve seen all play for Luton and Charlton - Mpanzu, Aribo and Cullen.

Whilst Luton will win the league deservedly, Charlton now seem set for 5th place. That’s indicative of a team who have weaknesses in areas we weren’t able to exploit in the league games, much like how thus far you’ve not really exploited ours. Sometimes styles get results against some teams but not others. Thus far we’ve had the beating of you (I say that with a cautious confidence ahead of our meeting next weekend), you the beating of Charlton and Charlton the beating of us. But by the end of the season, I guess you deserve to finish where you deserve to finish and whichever of Barnsley, you or us goes up will deserve congratulating.

You f***ing love to kick Sunderland don't you ? Why do you bother ?

I am sick of that same crap being levelled at me every time the forum perceives a comment is being negative. Time again I have that accusation thrown at me.

How could I or anyone enjoy kicking their own team??

Maybe I just think at the rate they get points Luton would have to lose as many as we win.

I am sick of that same crap being levelled at me every time the forum perceives a comment is being negative. Time again I have that accusation thrown at me.

Maybe I just think at the rate they get points Luton would have to lose as many as we win.
well lighten up ffs or just hold back your continuous negativity

Win our games in hand, how many behind them are we?

Aye...thought so.

I should imagine to anybody who has just watched SAFC matches, Pompey are the best opposition you will have faced on what you’ve seen. One of only 3 teams to beat you, with Burton and Coventry also impressing.

From what I’ve seen, I have to say that Luton and Charlton have been the best two sides in the games against us. We’ve not lived with the power and quality of their midfields, despite a fortuitous opening day victory against Luton. It staggered me that in the EFL L1 team of the year, they went with Mowatt, Kane and McGeehan in midfield, when the 3 best midfielders I’ve seen all play for Luton and Charlton - Mpanzu, Aribo and Cullen.

Whilst Luton will win the league deservedly, Charlton now seem set for 5th place. That’s indicative of a team who have weaknesses in areas we weren’t able to exploit in the league games, much like how thus far you’ve not really exploited ours. Sometimes styles get results against some teams but not others. Thus far we’ve had the beating of you (I say that with a cautious confidence ahead of our meeting next weekend), you the beating of Charlton and Charlton the beating of us. But by the end of the season, I guess you deserve to finish where you deserve to finish and whichever of Barnsley, you or us goes up will deserve congratulating.

Like you say though, it goes on what you've seen, most likely against your own team. Mpanzu was atrocious first half at our place, one of the worst individual performances I've seen this season. Yet clearly he's not always like that.

Aribo was excellent and stood out like a sore thumb to everyone for Charlton. Grant was excellent for them too but everyone was talking about Taylor. Grant's now banging them in in a hopeless Premier League team.

Portsmouth's best player at Wembley was the number 9, Hawkins I think.

Like you say though, it goes on what you've seen, most likely against your own team. Mpanzu was atrocious first half at our place, one of the worst individual performances I've seen this season. Yet clearly he's not always like that.

Aribo was excellent and stood out like a sore thumb to everyone for Charlton. Grant was excellent for them too but everyone was talking about Taylor. Grant's now banging them in in a hopeless Premier League team.

Portsmouth's best player at Wembley was the number 9, Hawkins I think.

Portsmouth are nothing special at all but we struggle with being bullied, hence every big striker we’ve played has looked good - grant, Hawkins, eaves, Blackpool’s striker, Toney, the Coventry striker. Isn’t hard to spot the pattern here. Our defence has been a shambles all season and continues to be our Achilles heel in a league we should be walking all over

Portsmouth are nothing special at all but we struggle with being bullied, hence every big striker we’ve played has looked good - grant, Hawkins, eaves, Blackpool’s striker, Toney, the Coventry striker. Isn’t hard to spot the pattern here. Our defence has been a shambles all season and continues to be our Achilles heel in a league we should be walking all over

Didn't think Eaves and Toney caused us massive problems really, although we need to play the latter again. It was Coventry's pace and skill we struggled with, and that little Smyth of Accrington probably terrorised us more than anyone else in the league.

Didn't think Eaves and Toney caused us massive problems really, although we need to play the latter again. It was Coventry's pace and skill we struggled with, and that little Smyth of Accrington probably terrorised us more than anyone else in the league.
442 was the issue. I thought Smith looked poor considering the amount of space he had.

Back