+++|||*** Accrington Stanley v Sunderland ***|||+++

No. It's just another stick to beat him with, which people are desperate for when we are winning. Jumping up and down shouting doesn't make you a good coach.

Who said jumping up and down shouting makes you a good coach?

Personally I'd like to see him a little more animated, a little more hands on during the match. He's the team leader, a potential source of inspiration not some well clad dummy plucked from a shop window. More importantly though I'd like to see us play some f***ing football, to see players moving off the ball, demanding a pass. To look more organised defensively, to be sharper in front of goal, to be more dominating, more cohesive, to play to a recognisable pattern, to have an identity. Our football is rancid and totally sterile and has been for some time now.

Not many people would have been criticising him after the Wimbledon win. In fact lots of people were commenting on here about 'where have the Ross haters disappeared to' and the like. That's because it was a decent performance and easy win.

Today wasn't like that. It was painful at times, and that's the norm as opposed to the Wimbledon example.

It wasn't pretty but we scored three good goals and could have had more, away from home, and are in with a shot of going top if we win the game in hand.

I understand he is far from perfect but the way some people are going on is ridiculous given the results so far this season. There are a few who don't post at all except to criticize the manager or demand he is sacked, they come across as unhinged in all honesty.

After a good first half, I expected us to properly cripple them and that didn't happen. It worries me a little that we don't have that instinct of killing and showing the other sides in this league that we mean business.

It wasn't pretty but we scored three good goals and could have had more, away from home, and are in with a shot of going top if we win the game in hand.

I understand he is far from perfect but the way some people are going on is ridiculous given the results so far this season. There are a few who don't post at all except to criticize the manager or demand he is sacked, they come across as unhinged in all honesty.

This isn't a criticism because I know you live in a different country (or maybe even the other side of the world) but if you attended games regularly I have a feeling you'd understand the negativity a little bit more. It's not just a results business, and even if it was, Ross has failed on that front already.

This isn't a criticism because I know you live in a different country (or maybe even the other side of the world) but if you attended games regularly I have a feeling you'd understand the negativity a little bit more. It's not just a results business, and even if it was, Ross has failed on that front already.

I get up at 7am to go to the pub and watch it every week. I know that's not exactly the same as attending but i'm also not unaware of the way we've played, and of course I'd like to watch us play well.

Do you think if we were playing great and losing more often people would be happier? I seriously doubt it.

I'm not saying there isn't room for criticism, far from it, but this place is a joke when it comes to Ross. Completely out of touch with reality.

Absolutely. We began last season playing far brighter football and look what happened. We're winning games, fuck me man, in this league with our resources against the likes of Stanley. He's had time enough, we're not progressing. He needs to get his finger out, show some sign of learning from his mistakes and he needs to do it sooner rather than later.

I get up at 7am to go to the pub and watch it every week. I know that's not exactly the same as attending but i'm also not unaware of the way we've played, and of course I'd like to watch us play well.

Do you think if we were playing great and losing more often people would be happier? I seriously doubt it.

I'm not saying there isn't room for criticism, far from it, but this place is a joke when it comes to Ross. Completely out of touch with reality.

Fair play.

No they wouldn't be happier in that situation. But there's no way we'd be playing well in League One and not winning, so it's a bit of a moot point.

From what we've seen from Ross and his team in the past season and a bit, he should be hanging on to his job by his coattails.

Fair play.

No they wouldn't be happier in that situation. But there's no way we'd be playing well in League One and not winning, so it's a bit of a moot point.

From what we've seen from Ross and his team in the past season and a bit, he should be hanging on to his job by his coattails.

I think that's part of it tbh. He blew promotion from April on last year after getting us into a very good position. I let that go the day SD confirmed he was giving him another go whereas some people seem unable to.

I'm going to judge him on this season as that's all that matters now. My view is that he's getting results which will see us go up, but the football being played isn't entertaining all of the time (two cracking goals today, mind). I hope to see us get more expansive as the season goes on, we shall see. He's talked about his game being open and attacking when he first came here and how we might lose a few because of it. For some reason he's abandoned that and I hope he goes back to it.

I think that's part of it tbh. He blew promotion from April on last year after getting us into a very good position. I let that go the day SD confirmed he was giving him another go whereas some people seem unable to.

I'm going to judge him on this season as that's all that matters now. My view is that he's getting results which will see us go up, but the football being played isn't entertaining all of the time (two cracking goals today, mind). I hope to see us get more expansive as the season goes on, we shall see. He's talked about his game being open and attacking when he first came here and how we might lose a few because of it. For some reason he's abandoned that and I hope he goes back to it.

I just don't think you can expect people to ignore a season in which he ultimately failed (and with a whimper). This season we've done okay, good results generally and a mixture of performances.

He abandoned that approach you described a few months into last season, for some reason.

Who said jumping up and down shouting makes you a good coach?

Personally I'd like to see him a little more animated, a little more hands on during the match. He's the team leader, a potential source of inspiration not some well clad dummy plucked from a shop window. More importantly though I'd like to see us play some f***ing football, to see players moving off the ball, demanding a pass. To look more organised defensively, to be sharper in front of goal, to be more dominating, more cohesive, to play to a recognisable pattern, to have an identity. Our football is rancid and totally sterile and has been for some time now.
yet we keep winning .
Absolutely. We began last season playing far brighter football and look what happened. We're winning games, fuck me man, in this league with our resources against the likes of Stanley. He's had time enough, we're not progressing. He needs to get his finger out, show some sign of learning from his mistakes and he needs to do it sooner rather than later.
He needs to carry on doing what he is , WINNING.
We have a squad with 2 or 3 stand out players , the rest are bang average div1 standard and thats what we are seeing .

Last edited:
yet we keep winning .

He needs to carry on doing what he is , WINNING.
We have a squad with 2 or 3 stand out players , the rest are bang average div1 standard and thats what we are seeing .

I've answered that one. Winning? We won nowt, we failed. Once again with our resources it's no big deal to roll over shite.

Failed? What, by winning six of his last seven? How many managers in the English football league have won six out of the last seven? Go on, do the research and come back and tell me.

@flusheding deserves the credit
Coventry full time 0-0 at burton

The lad @flusheding is an absolute hero. Work most Saturdays and what he posts lets me see the goals. The poster is a superstar. Cheers flusheding. You are canny as well, Carty lad. ;) Concord. Spacehopper jousting to the death, not literally marra, otherwise the next sentence will not work;) First one off buys the first pint.

After a good first half, I expected us to properly cripple them and that didn't happen. It worries me a little that we don't have that instinct of killing and showing the other sides in this league that we mean business.

I was very happy with the 3 points. We went one goal down as usual. But we got 3 good goals that first half. That second half was f***ing awful.Thank fuck their shot that hit the woodwork didnt go in, or we would have had all 11 in the box.

Not sure why Ross doesnt seem to want to play attacking football. And dont get me started on his hoof it up the park for their defenders to clear tactic, what the fuck is that about, try that when Wyke is playing, not when we cant win the ball.

Who does he drop for Wyke?

I am overjoyed with the result frankly - though 'overjoyed' and about a thousand other similar words would be an understatement. I am so utterly delirious right now. Total ecstasy. That I can say. That is a win I never expected in a million years when we went 1-0 down. I save a lot of DAB radio battery life mind you. The moment we went 1-0 I was sure that was it. The radio went down.

But my dad who was also listening to the game smiled at me as if to imply something positive had happened. He said we had scored "again". Again? I didn't even know we had scored a first. The headphones went back on to find us 2-1 up. Then I heard us go 3-1 up. I could not believe what I was hearing. I really couldn't. I mean it. To beat anyone when you are Sunderland is an incredible achievement. But to come back first from a losing position and to go on to score more is just unbelievable.

A real sign of just how amazing Jack Ross is as a manager. He has us winning again. what puts a real sense of scale of just how good he is you need to look at the team he is getting to win games again. The idea Sunderland AFC can win games once upon a time would have been laughed at. Anyone who thinks he is not up to the job just look at that little detail. To get Sunderland AFC winning games is just one of the biggest success stories of the EFL over the last 12 months or so.

After the demoralizing 3-0 defeat at P**e*b*ro*gh U**ted I think a win last night was one of the most important things this season. Well done SAFC. Well done Jack Ross.

Back