Accrington/iFollow....

I think he's got a point. Not so much when it comes to us, we always sold out our allocation down there. But what about clubs who don't? Maybe people would watch a stream rather than go to the game? That would be affecting their income if it's not the home club that gets the money (which is how I thought it worked, but that doesn't read like that's the case).

I think he's got a point. Not so much when it comes to us, we always sold out our allocation down there. But what about clubs who don't? Maybe people would watch a stream rather than go to the game? That would be affecting their income if it's not the home club that gets the money (which is how I thought it worked, but that doesn't read like that's the case).

I think he means they should get an equal split for ifollow sales, could be wrong mind.

Didn’t he try to charge our fans twice?

Thats because of the EFL regulations so he really didn’t have much choice

where abandonment occurs after the start of the second half of the Match but before the final whistle. In these circumstances you would need to purchase a new Ticket if the Match was rearranged.

Agreed. I think TV deals should be shared equally across the league. All clubs get the same.

I think he means they should get an equal split for ifollow sales, could be wrong mind.
There's that paragraph on the second page.

"If the proceeds were split equally as the collective TV deal is or, as with physical match day tickets, the home club got the income, my club would happily participate."

That to me sounds like the club selling the stream get the income.

I don't think there's anything wrong with requesting proceeds are split or given to the home team.

There's that paragraph on the second page.

"If the proceeds were split equally as the collective TV deal is or, as with physical match day tickets, the home club got the income, my club would happily participate."

That to me sounds like the club selling the stream get the income.

I don't think there's anything wrong with requesting proceeds are split or given to the home team.

Again, I might be wrong, but if we buy the stream through the SAFC site, I thought the proceeds would go to us and not Accrington if we were playing them for example. In this instance I don't think it should be split because our fans are essentially helping to prop them up. They want the best of all worlds, they never once voted in our favour when they were voting to end the season early or restricting spending power.

Not sure how true this is, but from here:

For away League games, the home Club keeps the money from the first 500 away supporters but anything over this number is paid to the away club,

Why should a club get 100% of the home advantage of the people watching the stream if 90% of those will be from the away fans?

Also remember this is the same guy that forced our fans to pay twice for the same game!! - Edit just seen above post

Last edited:
Why should a club get 100% of the home advantage of the people watching the stream if 90% of those will be from the away fans?

Also remember this is the same guy that forced our fans to pay twice for the same game!! - Edit just seen above post

Exactly. Fair enough evenly distribute a TV deal that's negotiated at the start of the season like Sky, but not iFollow, no chance should it work like that.

I can see both sides to be honest.

One is that if Sunderland sold 5k and Stanley 200 then it's hard cheese as Sunderland have more fans simple. Our fans our money.

The other is that if Accrington are at home and Sunderland sell 5k and Accrington 200 then shouldn't Accrington get the same percentage share of the ifollow receipts as if it was an extra 5k being there tickets?

No idea what the current deal is, but it does seem fair that the home team get the money up until the point the away "allocation" is sold. So if say they offer 2,000 tickets up. If the away team only take 1,000. Then the home club should get the "missing" allocation made up in ifollow sales. After that it just goes to whatever clubs fans buy the ifollow pass.

Back