According to Alan Nixon….

Wonder if Mcgeady ends up at hibs with Johnson

Apparently Maloney wanted him up there in a player coaching role, joining in the summer, but was then obviously sacked.

I'd imagine the same role would probably be there for him under Johnson. Good shout.

McGeady is also building a big house in Glasgow at the moment so it seems that it would all fit nicely.

You can’t blame Johnson if medical staff and the player say he’s fit.
The same medical staff were behind the strategy of not overplaying Willis. Its hard to correlate that the same people suddenly advised he could play every game even 3 days after being stretchered off. Will never know for sure I suppose.

You love Parky marra!
Parky was a poor manager. I did defend him in the weeks before he was sacked only in so much that 3 games prior to his sacking we had 21 points from 10 games and as uninspiring as the football was I couldn't advocate sacking him at that stage. LJ was better but I was never a fan of his either and his record was barely better than his predecessor. I didn't like the way he handled Willis tho and said so at the time before Willis' career was finished.

Absolutely 100% correct decision by the club. It’s a contentious one but as stated earlier I would have also allowed Gooch to leave.

I believe we will try and get Roberts to sign a two year contract.Of the three loanees, hopefully we may get at least two of them back on a further season long loan agreement.

Unfortunate by he was very badly treated by LJ. He had a knee issue and Parkinson was trying to manage him and not play him 3 times per week and not in the pizza cup games. LJ just played him week in week out. He played him for 90 minutes on a gluepot of a pitch at MKDons in a pizza cup game. He saw Willis hobble off after 15 minutes of a midweek home game against Plymouth not able to put any weight down in his knee. He was then in the starting line up on the Saturday. All this with Dion Sanderson sitting on the bench. It was called by some posters on here what would happen next and sure as eggs is eggs his knee went and he hasn't played again.

Anyway good luck to the lad I hope he continues to make a living within the game.
i thought it was a knee/patella tendinitis muscle problem problem a notoriusly difficult thing to fix in an athlete.
They have still been paid though and had presumably quite high level medical support and coaching throughout. Am sure they will find new clubs but we need to move on
willis was on the verge of retiring before he joined us!

Last edited:
i thought it was a knee/patella tendinitis muscle problem problem a notoriusly difficult thing to fix in an athlete.

willis was on the verge of retiring before he joined us!
It was exactly that and exactly why it had to be managed. It went a case of trying to fix it bug manage it by nit overplaying him

Hypothetically aye. Nigh on 2 years out will take its toll on anyone and I doubt he’d come back anywhere near the level he was. The lad has been incredibly unfortunate but there’s very little room for sentiment in football if you want to progress.
I’m hoping he can as Watmore has but the odds are against him. Good centre half and was clearly committed to the cause playing through pain. Wish him all the very best.
we can’t be sentimental at all, we need to maximise our budget

Should have been told a few year back tbf
I’m sure he would have been if there were any takers!

Last edited:
Oddly, of all of them, I’m most disappointed for Burge. He seems a good lad, was much better than people gave him credit for. Probably right decision but shame for the lad.
I’d have been more than happy to give him another year if we hadn’t been promoted. He’d probably be okay as cover/3rd keeper in the championship but I think with Patterson being young and inexperienced we need really good competition in that position rather than just decent cover.

Guess it's all about the money.Need cash to improve the team, must be fit to perform the job they were hired for.It's business ,cannot carry players who are not fit.

May have been on big wages by league one standards but wont be significant by championship standards. Wont have promotion clauses if out of contract. Burge was generally fine and should get a club (heart condition aside). McGeady, thanks for your service good luck. Willis & Xhemajli been unlucky with injuries and if fit could be useful at the next level but not sure we can afford to take chances if we need to push up the table next year.

Back