Accident A19 northbound

That's how they work. The lengths of barrier are very strongly fixed to each other, but weakly attached to the uprights. When a vehicle strikes the barrier, the barrier itself comes adrift from the mounts and deforms, absorbing the energy of the thing that hit it.
I knew the expanded so far but didn't expect them to go that far. I guess it must have been launched in some way, possibly a collision with another vehicle?

Have you ever seen the footage of a wagon that did it?
I'll see if I can find it.
Aye I've seen a few of them and my brain wasn't plugged in when I made that post. I suppose I meant that it's took out a helluva long bit of section if you look at what you can see in the pic. I did actually try to find one on Youtube but couldn't find one with the same kind of barriers as these seems stronger and the one the but hits is certainly stronger.

Last edited by a moderator:

I knew the expanded so far but didn't expect them to go that far. I guess it must have been launched in some way, possibly a collision with another vehicle?

Aye I've seen a few of them and my brain wasn't plugged in when I made that post. I suppose I meant that it's took out a helluva long bit of section if you look at what you can see in the pic. I did actually try to find one on Youtube but couldn't find one with the same kind of barriers.

Those cars had no chance at all.

Back