Accept we arent going up automatically this year

Status
Not open for further replies.
I no longer care. Had a season ticket for 10 years and never missed a home game from 1988. The passion has been drummed out of me gradually. Far more important things in life. I still go to the off match but I’m resigned to us being shit. It’s more likely that we’ll go down again rather than get promoted.

'More likely to down than up' seems to be phrase of the week on here. It's like one person says it so everyone has to join in.

It's utter bollocks.

Nothing has been decided, there is still loads of football to be played. Yes, it looks pretty bad now, but the funny thing about football is that things like confidence and momentum cannot be artificially manufactured, but it can be created through a couple of wins. If we are 6 points better off by this time next week then I think the mood will be entirely different
yea,still time to put a bloody good run together even if we have to wait until the last fifteen games or so,there's still time,but that's me being positive,negative is i just can't see it happening and hope to bloody hell i'm wrong

'More likely to down than up' seems to be phrase of the week on here. It's like one person says it so everyone has to join in.

It's utter bollocks.
Yeah agreed. It’d have to be an unprecedented collapse for that to happen. I could see us being in more danger next season, though, if the same people are using the same methods to recruit players.

Agree with the OP - albeit I’d be doing it regardless of what happens in the next two games. I’d start by putting in place the very best technical director/DoF type we can find. He has to be someone who lives and dies by a modern and broad approach to football. If I hear the word ‘contacts’ I’ll burn down the AoL. That’s the key. All football decision making removes from Donald, Hill and Coton. New guy to make any structural changes he feels necessary and to set the identity and strategy of the football club. Everything comes from that structure and that appointment. Everything else is more of the same - and will ultimately limit us.

forgive me for jumping in, but you have 2 games in hand on 5th place and are only 3 points behind.. Obviously you all will know more about how capable you are of getting them points. Confidence is massive in football, a couple of wins on the bounce and all is rosy in the garden. You just need to look at us for that, we are shit, we play shit football, don't play to our strengths, and concede possession before a ball is kicked.. (think there was a stat floating around recently that we are the 2nd worst team in Europe).
All that aside, a couple of wins and you grow the confidence and get a decent position in the league.. It's by no means over, playoffs are still more than in your means.
Although as I said, you will know more than me as it's you lot who watch it every week.

Parkinson's appointment was the club accepting the playoffs at best, although having sat through the first 9 games even that is looking optimistic at the moment. My concern is that Parkinson is given some input in January and we end up with four or five players he wanted who the next manager doesn't want.

If you believe that Parkinson is going to fail here and inevitably lose his job within a matter of months (which I do) then why would you let him have any involvement in the January window at all? Much better to admit he was a mistake and get shot before we waste the January window like we're wasting time now.

Bad results in our next two games and might as well spend nothing in January and concentrate on stopping in the league. Bladder the lot who are out of contract in the summer, try and peddle the rest and have some money to start from scratch.

Bad results in our next two games and might as well spend nothing in January and concentrate on stopping in the league. Bladder the lot who are out of contract in the summer, try and peddle the rest and have some money to start from scratch.
The out of contract situation could be interesting. Anyone have a list ?

Would be happy to stay up. We are that bad. Cheers Short, Donald, Methven, Moyes, Allardyce, Coleman, Grayson etc etc
Rubbish
We will be nowhere near the bottom

I find it highly unlikely we will "Invest" in January. The term "Invest" will more than likely mean a few free and available players incoming, and a few going the other way. It seems our owner's like to include the word "Substantial Investment" when describing any overall wage bill increase. It would not surprise me in the least, if an offer was made for Grigg or any others, we would cut our losses and let him go.
I think the best we can hope for until the end of the season, is sustainability along with the hope that someone buys the club with a little more financial liquidity.

Think people probably said that about the Championship season. We are now being played off the park by the likes of Gillingham, Lincoln etc. Even Scunthorpe.
We didn't get played of the park they scored with the only shot on goal
You haven't seen us play this season, have you ?
We are twelve points ahead of mk dons and Wimbledon having played 2less you haven't realised how shit the league is
Think people probably said that about the Championship season. We are now being played off the park by the likes of Gillingham, Lincoln etc. Even Scunthorpe.
Its nothing like the championship season we are twelve points ahead of the strugglers and played 2less games we will not be anywhere near the bottom

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back