Accept we arent going up automatically this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kermit

Midfield
This goes against every fibre of my being and people will rightly say, "its only November and we are only 8 points of second". A third season at this level is an absolute disaster, there is no doubt about that. However, if we dont win the next two games, even the most 'glass half full' supporter will surely concede it is highly unlikely we will make the top two.

If, after the next two, the worst has happened i think it would be better to take a longer term view and just target next season. Give parkinson this window and then until February to see if we start to move in the right direction. In the meantime get a plan together of what kind of side we want to be. Identify managers that suit that and forensically research them. Get the references done and get it down to a pool of two or three that we can realistically attract. Task the scouts with identifying the sort of players we think would suit how our 2 or 3 candidates would like to play, (as we have identified the kind of manager we want these should suit all 3). Aim to end January with a rough list of managers and players.

If in February, things are looking ok under parkinson, make the decision whether you stick with him until the end of the season. If you want rid, get one of those managers and use the remainder of the season to get him in, assess what hes got and get the incomings and outgoings under way, ready for a full on assault on the title next year.

Its totally counter intuitive to me to effectively write the season off, but we have to start being realistic. Rather than short term, reactive thinking where we are always chasing our tails and putting sticking plasters over things, maybe try a longer term, proactive approach. It is a painful thought but who knows? The acceptance the top two is off the table may release some pressure and negativity and see a up turn in performances and a surge going into the play offs.

Nothing has been decided, there is still loads of football to be played. Yes, it looks pretty bad now, but the funny thing about football is that things like confidence and momentum cannot be artificially manufactured, but it can be created through a couple of wins. If we are 6 points better off by this time next week then I think the mood will be entirely different

This goes against every fibre of my being and people will rightly say, "its only November and we are only 8 points of second". A third season at this level is an absolute disaster, there is no doubt about that. However, if we dont win the next two games, even the most 'glass half full' supporter will surely concede it is highly unlikely we will make the top two.

If, after the next two, the worst has happened i think it would be better to take a longer term view and just target next season. Give parkinson this window and then until February to see if we start to move in the right direction. In the meantime get a plan together of what kind of side we want to be. Identify managers that suit that and forensically research them. Get the references done and get it down to a pool of two or three that we can realistically attract. Task the scouts with identifying the sort of players we think would suit how our 2 or 3 candidates would like to play, (as we have identified the kind of manager we want these should suit all 3). Aim to end January with a rough list of managers and players.

If in February, things are looking ok under parkinson, make the decision whether you stick with him until the end of the season. If you want rid, get one of those managers and use the remainder of the season to get him in, assess what hes got and get the incomings and outgoings under way, ready for a full on assault on the title next year.

Its totally counter intuitive to me to effectively write the season off, but we have to start being realistic. Rather than short term, reactive thinking where we are always chasing our tails and putting sticking plasters over things, maybe try a longer term, proactive approach. It is a painful thought but who knows? The acceptance the top two is off the table may release some pressure and negativity and see a up turn in performances and a surge going into the play offs.

Nothing has been decided, there is still loads of football to be played. Yes, it looks pretty bad now, but the funny thing about football is that things like confidence and momentum cannot be artificially manufactured, but it can be created through a couple of wins. If we are 6 points better off by this time next week then I think the mood will be entirely different
Agree mate. Next two are huge but both will be tough.

I think thats firmly off the table now!

SD went through a whole load of managers at Eastleigh. I fear the revolving door will be given a good dose of WD40

I’ve accepted it. I don’t think we will.

If we do go up, I’d gladly hold my hands up and admit I got it wrong.

I even think the current owners have given up. Just stay in this league till the end of the season then I think they’ll sell up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back