Abs for the *cough* older bloke

Status
Not open for further replies.
basically eating a caloric surplus which will allow sufficient amount of nutrients for your body to grow optimally. If you're in a calorie negative state then you will be lucky to keep the muscle you have never mind build it.
Hi mate, quick question...Couple of years ago I dieted from 19stone4 to around 14 stone, which I've basically maintained til now. I'm hammering the gym 3/4 times a week and running 3 times a week. Because of the weight loss I still have a bit of a belly which I guess is left over skin/tissue. It's not dead loose or anything but I think someone of my height 6'2 and weight wouldn't have it if I hadn't been so big in the first place.

I'm eating a steady amount of calories every day, around 1800. Am I likely to notice changes in my body or do I need to ditch the cardio?

Hi mate, quick question...Couple of years ago I dieted from 19stone4 to around 14 stone, which I've basically maintained til now. I'm hammering the gym 3/4 times a week and running 3 times a week. Because of the weight loss I still have a bit of a belly which I guess is left over skin/tissue. It's not dead loose or anything but I think someone of my height 6'2 and weight wouldn't have it if I hadn't been so big in the first place.

I'm eating a steady amount of calories every day, around 1800. Am I likely to notice changes in my body or do I need to ditch the cardio?

I very much doubt going to 19 stone would of been enough to cause any over strethced flabby skin, possibly if you blew up to 19 stone from say 14 in a very short period, but honestly forget that and dont stress about it. The stomach area is always the last place for fat to go. I can have tone lookin arms, chest shoulders and still have a bit of a pouch on my stomach at say 12% so just keep smashing it and diet and I'm sure it will reduce. Once you get to goal body fat. The concentrate on smashing gym more and reducing cardio, slowly increasing calories over time so your eventually in a surplus, say 2700 cals +

Keep everything the same that you're doing. 1800 cals may be a bit low, but it depends how strict your tracking.

Good luck pal

I very much doubt going to 19 stone would of been enough to cause any over strethced flabby skin, possibly if you blew up to 19 stone from say 14 in a very short period, but honestly forget that and dont stress about it. The stomach area is always the last place for fat to go. I can have tone lookin arms, chest shoulders and still have a bit of a pouch on my stomach at say 12% so just keep smashing it and diet and I'm sure it will reduce. Once you get to goal body fat. The concentrate on smashing gym more and reducing cardio, slowly increasing calories over time so your eventually in a surplus, say 2700 cals +

Keep everything the same that you're doing. 1800 cals may be a bit low, but it depends how strict your tracking.

Good luck pal
Spot on mate thanks a lot.

... when I'm trying to look like the bloke out of Fight Club!
If anyone ever wants to look as good as an actor or model then the ONLY real answer is to use drugs.

Unless you're willing to make this you're life's obsession then you won't ever look like a celebrity does, steroid's, epo, all the things athletes get tested for is a very accurate indication of what actor's take.

If anyone ever wants to look as good as an actor or model then the ONLY real answer is to use drugs.

Unless you're willing to make this you're life's obsession then you won't ever look like a celebrity does, steroid's, epo, all the things athletes get tested for is a very accurate indication of what actor's take.
This.

If anyone follows sly Stallone on twitter he recently posted how he was on 1500 calories when he was training for rocky 3. He said how he ended up getting really shredded while building muscle (he advised against it I might add) but let's face it, getting in the shape he was for rocky 3 is impossible on 1500 calories without "supplements".

My 10 year old daughter has amazing abs but then she is crazy lean....Everybody has abs but virtually all of them are covered in fat so you dont see them. Strip the fat and even without the exercises you will have visible abs.

My 10 year old daughter has amazing abs but then she is crazy lean....Everybody has abs but virtually all of them are covered in fat so you dont see them. Strip the fat and even without the exercises you will have visible abs.
Easier said than done getting the fat off your stomach like

Stripping down to reveal your abs is hard work.....and even harder trying to keep them on show.
I cut down to 15 1/2 stone for holiday about 2 years ago and had a full 6 pack...only lasted a few days though after all the drink and food haha

Stripping down to reveal your abs is hard work.....and even harder trying to keep them on show.
I cut down to 15 1/2 stone for holiday about 2 years ago and had a full 6 pack...only lasted a few days though after all the drink and food haha

I swear the downlights in the gym have fake effect on abs, but getting them in the cold light of day on pale white skin is not easy!

When I was squatting 210kg and pulling 240kg I had very fuzzy abs. I then had some severe anxiety issues re: work and stopped eating and sleeping properly, with resulting rapid weight loss. Resulted in having properly visible abs :lol:

I'm on track to get rid of them and bring the strength back.

Not something that's ever felt like something I need to strive for. I like bait and see lifting as an excuse to be a right f***ing pig.

That said, I've not been on a beach holiday for years and might see things differently if I was going on one.

Last edited:
And how did yiu do it though being an ahem more senior gentlemen

When I was squatting 210kg and pulling 240kg I had very fuzzy abs. I then had some severe anxiety issues re: work and stopped eating and sleeping properly, with resulting rapid weight loss. Resulted in having properly visible abs :lol:

I'm on track to get rid of them and bring the strength back.

Not something that's ever felt like something I need to strive for. I like bait and see lifting as an excuse to be a right f***ing pig.

That said, I've not been on a beach holiday for years and might see things differently if I was going on one.
I'm of the opinion that if it's for aesthetics then at least as many lasses like big shoulders and arms etc as much as they like lean so fuck it might as well just go with it and pull a lass who wants a powerlifter, although I'm married so I literally have no interest in attractive women at all, none whatsoever.........

And how did yiu do it though being an ahem more senior gentlemen

I'm of the opinion that if it's for aesthetics then at least as many lasses like big shoulders and arms etc as much as they like lean so fuck it might as well just go with it and pull a lass who wants a powerlifter, although I'm married so I literally have no interest in attractive women at all, none whatsoever.........
Dieted like fuck...cut out drink...increased cardio and some under the counter supplements ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back