Aaron Wilbraham

The under the cosh episode with him on is canny. Speaks quite well and clearly a dedicated pro. He mentions about diet and nutrition and how the other lads used to take the piss etc.. and now he is still playing professional football at 40.

Yet mcgeady and maguire 'just a big mac' obviously wasnt anything to worry about

Paul Cook too. Both now managers who have been linked with us in recent years.

I'm amazed how many of the names in that Stocport team I still recognise.

Angell and Kevin Cooper both played for us.
Cook and McInnes both now managers, as is Mike Flynn at Newport (he's never been linked to us though).
Wilbraham still playing in League 1.
Ian Moore, striker who played for ages, son of Ronnie Moore.
Jim Gannon - Stockport legend, currently their manager.
Carlo Nash - keeper who ended up at Man City (pre-money days) and spent his late career as second/third choice for a range of top flight clubs
Sean Connelly - played James Bond

All of the rest I'd know had been footballers based on my memory of the name but couldn't have told you a lot about their positions, careers etc.

First appearance at the SoL was over 21 years ago. Will take some beating the time between first and last appearance for the same player at the SoL, even by a SAFC/ex-SAFC player.

In the same side that day was Colin Woodthorpe who played against us for Chester when we were last in the 3rd division. I saw Colin make his professional debut for Chester as a teenager against ..... Rochdale! Colin also played against us for Norwich in the 92 semi.

Stockport County have been so badly managed in the last 10/15 years. A club that size shouldn’t be where they find themselves.

Back