A690

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bad looking crash just after the A19 roundabout southbound closed...looked loose a car upside down when I passed on way to match loads of emergency services

If there is one road in the area that could actually do with a few fixed speed cameras its this road from A19 roundabout into Durham. So many deaths (yep I know not all of them caused by speed) but its had loads of fatalities

If there is one road in the area that could actually do with a few fixed speed cameras its this road from A19 roundabout into Durham. So many deaths (yep I know not all of them caused by speed) but its had loads of fatalities
Might as well put cameras up. The van seems to be permanently at the top of the cut Durham bound and the bottom of it by east Rainton.

Seen it. BMW (the car upside down) came up the cut racing a focus around 90mph, turned right at stratstone (still doing 70mph by this point) and didn’t stop for the traffic. I only hope there’s no innocent casualties

Passed it as well. Three nights in a row I’ve seen the aftermath of an accident. Every time there has been no weather conditions affecting the road. Purely driver or car error.

I’ve absolutely no sympathy with the driver at fault, only the other roads users affected by it, their families and the emergency services that have to pick up the pieces.

Only last night some daft driver swerved out of lane two into lane 1 when they realised the traffic was queuing to turn off to new bottle. Had I not anticipated it I would have been wiped out.

People seem to drive less considerately when they are finishing work and later on at night.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seen it. BMW (the car upside down) came up the cut racing a focus around 90mph, turned right at stratstone (still doing 70mph by this point) and didn’t stop for the traffic. I only hope there’s no innocent casualties

its stuff like that, that will get bundled in and they'll say this road isn't safe we need to do something about it like average speed cameras, or closing junctions off, when in reality it's drivers being knobs.

Might as well put cameras up. The van seems to be permanently at the top of the cut Durham bound and the bottom of it by east Rainton.
Yep they never vary where they park the mobile speed camera. Its same in the city. New Durham Road and Springwell road and sometimes on coast road into town. So basically its greenlight for idiot drivers to drive like maniacs everywhere else as no chance of being court!

Passed it as well. Three nights in a row I’ve seen the aftermath of an accident. Every time there has been no weather conditions affecting the road. Purely driver or car error.

I’ve absolutely no sympathy with the driver at fault, only the other roads users affected by it, their families and the emergency services that have to pick up the pieces.

Only last night some daft driver swerved out of lane two into lane 1 when they realised the traffic was queuing to turn off to new bottle. Had I not anticipated it I would have been wiped out.

People seem to drive less considerately when they are finishing work and later on at night.

sounds Like you should be in final destination

Passed that way on my messages to Houghton earlier. Nothing wrong with the road, dicks being dicks.

As stated further up hopefully nobody innocent is injured. I couldn't give a shiny one about the driver if it's as reported.

No sympathy for drivers like that. Hope no one other than the driver was hurt and that his car is a total write-off.

Can't we get our dear government to build some race tracks up and down the country? Let the chavs and boy racers do their stuff. Also let the arrogant middle aged drink drivers in and open a pub on each track for them. Let them all race each other until the inevitable happens, but where it is contained and no other innocent people are involved. It would do society a favour and make our roads safer.

Yep they never vary where they park the mobile speed camera. Its same in the city. New Durham Road and Springwell road and sometimes on coast road into town. So basically its greenlight for idiot drivers to drive like maniacs everywhere else as no chance of being court!
I saw one at the top of the bank on the approach to Burdon Lane from Ryhope last week, use that road regularly but that's the first time I've ever seen one there so they must try out new places every now and again...

Jesus, they must have been high as kite to attempt that.

I saw one at the top of the bank on the approach to Burdon Lane from Ryhope last week, use that road regularly but that's the first time I've ever seen one there so they must try out new places every now and again...
They've been putting one there for at least 5 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back