A690/A19 junction 'works trial'

It was spot on for me this morning. Normally, when I enter the roundabout from Durham Road, I immediately hit a red light to allow people on from Doxford Park. That light was actually green this morning. In fact, there was barely a queue getting onto the roundabout.

WDSC
They had traffic signal department there this afternoon as I came home, hopefully amending them. That junction has always done as you say since they put new lights in a few years ago.

But what is 'it'?

Maybe they will fix the rubbish lights or remove them all together for a trial period.

I remember when the council made a big song and dance about an intelligent traffic light system that adapted itself to traffic levels.

In reality one day heading west on a690 it lets loads of cars through, another it lets about 3, cars through and goes back to red with a queue over a mile long. Meanwhile the lights that are on green have no cars going through at all.
Intelligent and council are two words that are very very rarely used together, you shouldn’t have been surprised at the ensuing fuck up

God knows, it seems they are widening it to 4 lanes from Houghton side of a690, and 4 lanes on the slip road south side of a19.it will be bedlam that's for sure

‘Water always takes the path with the least resistance’.

The back road through Burdon will become a rat run and Houghton-le-Spring a nightmare as people try to avoid the queues.

Back