A19

I said on another thread a week or two back driving doesn't interest me in the slightest any more. I've done my time on the roads, had some great drives all round the UK, but these days it's just soul destroying. I think I'd rather be sat in a queue of traffic moving at a constant 50 mph on the "smart" motorways than the stop / start accelerate like an eejit then slam the brakes on shit you see on a lot of the A roads though.

Train for me whenever possible these days.
Am with you on this marra....hate motorways and A19 types these days( guess im getting old!)..mind the roads in North Northumberland are like going back in time a pleasure to drive on with little traffic ( with the exception of the A1 and 697 particularly in summer)..

Am with you on this marra....hate motorways and A19 types these days( guess im getting old!)..mind the roads in North Northumberland are like going back in time a pleasure to drive on with little traffic ( with the exception of the A1 and 697 particularly in summer)..
Yeah one of the places I do still enjoy driving is in Brittany out of August when it’s a bit busy, the roads are empty compared to the UK, and everywhere you go is lovely countryside.

Does my head in. My car has the adaptive cruise (I know, look at me etc) so it keeps a safe distance from the car infront but people go mad wanting to be past despite the fact there's a car in front of me. Seems unless I tailgate too it's not acceptable for them.

do companies still have fixed starting times?? thought nearly everywhere was flexi now.
Something weird about the A19 and tailgating like. It's every time I drive on it. I avoid it whenever possible.

Yeah one of the places I do still enjoy driving is in Brittany out of August when it’s a bit busy, the roads are empty compared to the UK, and everywhere you go is lovely countryside.
Would be canny place to live i would imagine as well..trashing around has no appeal these days.A good quiet location to live, good neighbourhood and a pub somewhere near with good food and jobs a good un..not much to ask for

The road network is crap. Too many cars for the capacity we have, at peak times anyway.

Cars have gotten really cheap and reliable. You can buy a car for a couple of grand with 12 months MOT and there’s a chance it will give years of service. Public transport can seem expensive by comparison. Population growth over the last 20 years. More people, more cars.

I don’t think there is a short or even medium term fix. They spent years f***ing on with that third lane on the a1 and it’s still totally shit at peak times. Maybe home working will make a big difference. Or 3 quid a litre petrol.

I was on the A69 at Hexham today and saw a 5 car'er. Red fiesta in a ditch and lass being cut out. Hope she's alreet but looked bad . A1 western bypass fucked yesterday afternoon nthbound and blocked heading south from CLS at same time.

Everyday there's summit now like .

Five car crash I heard. Google maps showing the traffic backed all the way to Seaham. Hopefully no one is seriously hurt.

Twitter

The missus said she counted 7 cars and a van. It looked like someone tried to dive down the inside and ended up clipping another car. She said the cars in the middle looked like write offs.

Twitter

The missus said she counted 7 cars and a van. It looked like someone tried to dive down the inside and ended up clipping another car. She said the cars in the middle looked like write offs.
Aye, said 8 vehicle crash on the BBC news, fuckers half asleep and late for work, used to go that way every day to work, always some mad bastard pulling into the slip road at the last minute expecting other drivers to make way.

Back