A19

It’s a speed limit, not a target. You sound like a very considerate road user ;)
I still remember my driving instructor telling me, about 20 year ago, driving to slow on certain roads can be just as dangerous as going too fast. You’re forcing other people around you to manoeuvre. You’re basically an obstacle others need to deal with.

I still remember my driving instructor telling me, about 20 year ago, driving to slow on certain roads can be just as dangerous as going too fast. You’re forcing other people around you to manoeuvre. You’re basically an obstacle others need to deal with.

I agree with this, but you can’t change what other people are going to do, I don’t see the point in getting wound up about it personally.
20 MPH when it's snowing on a straight road and keep touching the brakes?

Fortunately I had a lot of driving lessons in snow over a bad winter, so no, there’s going slower, and going slower.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if the Seaham/ryhope slip road to the A19 is closed tomorrow night?
Got stung by this after the Cheltenham game.

Coming home over the flyover is excellent now - miles better

It’s almost like it’s made things worse after Norton now on a morning as all that traffic is funnelled into those two lanes and then down to the flyover. Utter shite.
I can"t see the new lanes making any difference on the flyover at peak times especially on the southbound side where it slows down where the lane from Stockton merges into the exit lane for the Boro slip road.

Basically this. I think it might be worse

Last edited:
Coming home over the flyover is excellent now - miles better

It’s almost like it’s made things worse after Norton now on a morning as all that traffic is funnelled into those two lanes and then down to the flyover. Utter shite.

Basically this. I think it might be worse
it'll take a few months for people to actually read the signeage at wolviston to realise what lane they need to be in. it's always the same when they change the layout.

Does anyone know why it was closed tonight, southbound from Easington until Hartlepool?

Added an extra 20 minutes onto my journey taking in the sights of grants houses, horden and Blackhall.

When's it back open? Need t go to York for 7 and satnav has no info other than shut. All the sites I've tried have been dogshit innarl.
i came past about 4.40 and it was open.
i find usually when they say 6, that's usually the latest as they factor in a bit of leeway for delays during the works. i'm sure they get charged a fair wack if they over run.

Back