A19

Discussion in 'SMB' started by gods_homeboy, Dec 11, 2016.

1. niceonemarra

niceonemarra Winger

Its definitely that although I don't regular see people on the phone on the a19 they probably hide it well cos I do see a few cars swerving for no reason.

2. humbug

humbug Striker

believe me mate there are an awful lot of people fucking about on 'phones, eating stuff, reading stuff whilst driving on the a19 as like on most roads. sitting high up in a wagon you see it all the time. it usually manifests with people slowing down and swerving. the best ones are those who are too busy gassing away coming off a slip road then with about 10 feet to go they realise they need to join the carriageway and end up causing mayhem thinking they've got right of way.

ollie c likes this.
  3. niceonemarra

niceonemarra Winger

Seen. WVM usually.

4. PTR

PTR Striker

I do it - I've tried to do the correct thing, and been pissed off because I can't get back out when I'm following some shit van at 45mph.

The road is just too shit, and everyone's driving goes to shit because of it.

5. niceonemarra

niceonemarra Winger

I drive a turbo interceptor so have no problem moving cars out the way.

PTR likes this.
  6. Canny smash at Norton yesterday southbound at 5pm. Still full of knackers on a morning and evening rush hour

7. rapscallion

rapscallion Winger

I know what you mean, mate.

Hoggers gonna hog!

PTR likes this.
  8. castoff

castoff Winger

Had a couple of waves off him myself and I'm just in a car. My mate lives down that neck of the woods and heard that he'd been broken in to a while back and his radio gear stolen. Hope its not a repeat of that, poor fella's hurting no one just going about his hobby.

humbug likes this.
  9. WhoAreYa73

WhoAreYa73 Midfield

Possibly, but I thought they already had them? Sure they are the little black cameras you seen, I’m probablys wrong like.

10. Kevj

Kevj Winger

Can't agree more with this statement.

Whilst you are correct, it's this mentality which contributes to the problem. If they drove as they should, the full road would be more free flowing, less congested and fewer accidents.
    If there were one or two three lane sections, as the A1 has, this would relieve some of the stress due to over capacity.

That said, you also see bellends in the overtaking lane for mile after mile and no-one to overtake in the left lane. Lazy bastard-itis imo. It takes nowt to indicate and move over.

Still there this morning.

Last edited: May 17, 2018
    PTR likes this.
  11. WhoAreYa73

WhoAreYa73 Midfield

He’s absolutely class him like, I started noticing him a couple of year thinking what’s that daft sod doing, then I seen the news article. Bless him! Just waiting to see him again so I can give him a flash of the lights :cool:

castoff likes this.
  12. OldNewtown

OldNewtown Central Defender

Problem this morning at Wolviston heading south, prepare for delays if you're travelling that way

13. Beaker

Beaker Winger

There's a little yellow plaque on them, it says they're anpr cameras but I haven't been able to make out the rest of the wording.

14. Very nasty accident this morning wolviston south.

15. niceonemarra

niceonemarra Winger

The've put a couple back up for some reason but they were all down yesterday.

16. LD19SAFC

LD19SAFC Winger

17. another crash near a690

18. LD19SAFC

LD19SAFC Winger

19. Is it back open now?

20. johnnyat87

johnnyat87 Winger

Aye apparently mate.