A19

It’s their own faults. Driving too close together, not driving according to the conditions, jumping from lane to lane without indicating or checking if there is anything behind them.

At every single single slip road on to the A19 between Hartlepool and Sunderland on Sunday afternoon, there was at least one twat who came flying off the slip road onto the A19 and then pushed into the fast lane, irrespective of traffic coming up behind them. One missed an artic by about six inches.

It wont be the fault of every driver though will it.....one or two numpties could wipe out half a dozen innocent drivers!

Wife’s off work this week so don’t have to use the road to drop the bairn at child minders. Absolute bliss not having to deal with it.

Absolutely sick of the idiots on this road. Hate haven’t to use it everyday
It needs a higher Police presence,as a regular user its the same dickheads i see doing the same stuff every day,i had one on dash cam ,3 seperate times,by the time the file was small enough to send it was about 3 seconds long ,then the Police email bounced it back

My dad got stuck in it northbound and said they were bringing the traffic off at Dalton park then back on at the next junction. South is closed
Correct, I was stuck in it. Some idiot at further along overtook a wagon just to cut infront of it 30 foot later to exit at the slip road.

Then on the bridge over the Tees some idiot thought it would be a good idea to pull across the front of a wagon onto the A66 slip road, almost shit myself when the car cut across the front of me.

It needs a higher Police presence,as a regular user its the same dickheads i see doing the same stuff every day,i had one on dash cam ,3 seperate times,by the time the file was small enough to send it was about 3 seconds long ,then the Police email bounced it back
I use it every day for work and I hardly ever see a police car between Peterlee and Sunderland.

Correct, I was stuck in it. Some idiot at further along overtook a wagon just to cut infront of it 30 foot later to exit at the slip road.

Then on the bridge over the Tees some idiot thought it would be a good idea to pull across the front of a wagon onto the A66 slip road, almost shit myself when the car cut across the front of me.

I use it every day for work and I hardly ever see a police car between Peterlee and Sunderland.

It's an absolutely mental road mind. Driving from Wheatley Hill to Boro on a workday, it's staggering some of the driving I've seen. A lot of lorry drivers could do with taking more care as well, they love for whatever reason to get right up the arse of cars and generally drive like bellends who haven't heard of "stopping distances".

You can thank the Tories for that, and the people who voted for them.

You can thank the Tories for that, and the people who voted for them.
Spot on in 2009 I had to drive from South Shields to Stockton 3-4 times a week, no traffic, no hold ups, used to arrive at work stress free. Need a few years of JC another recession will clear the roads quite nicely

Definitely this, same situation on the north side of the Alex bridge wankers trying to jump ahead of traffic and cutting in at the last minute, happened to me last night and seen the same thing tonight involving a van, he nearly wiped the other car out.

Durham copper on radio tees tonight mentioned low sun but also said he can pretty much guarantee some folk won't have had their washers filled up and it will be the case for a lot of folk using the a19 this time of year. Full investigation

Durham copper on radio tees tonight mentioned low sun but also said he can pretty much guarantee some folk won't have had their washers filled up and it will be the case for a lot of folk using the a19 this time of year. Full investigation

Went down it the other week, low sun and I thought plenty of washer fluid but the nozzles were frozen so pulled over to clear them. Can't imagine many folk continuing driving without being to see mind.

Same here, with the weather conditions at the minute I’m using a full bottle every other day

You've got a leak surely?

It's an absolutely mental road mind. Driving from Wheatley Hill to Boro on a workday, it's staggering some of the driving I've seen. A lot of lorry drivers could do with taking more care as well, they love for whatever reason to get right up the arse of cars and generally drive like bellends who haven't heard of "stopping distances".

It's too fast now for the traffic on it, I reckon it should be reduced. The 70mph limit going north for the Sunderland Highway is bedlam, hate it.

Last edited by a moderator:
People leaving it to the last second to get onto slip roads is an issue too, they have no regard for anyone else.
Or, it's shitty designed slip roads, often 2 lanes wide, and 200 yards to get merged for both cars

Upload to YouTube, send url.

People leaving it to the last second to get onto slip roads is an issue too, they have no regard for anyone else.
or those who are behind you on a slip road and as soon as you join the carriageway they pull straight out into the outside lane forcing cars into having to brake as some stupid bint has just done coming back from peterlee, and it's foggy as owt.
there should be a national campaign on the correct use of slip roads, the misuse of them are one of the biggest causes of congestion imo.

Back