A19 Testo's Roundabout

Was excellent yesterday morning. I travel from NE1 to SR2, and it shaved a good 10/15 minutes of my usual Monday morning commute.

I think lockdown helped, as I wasn't sat in roadworks traffic for the majority of the building time.

Where you getting £25 from there?!? Don’t give up the day job fella maths clearly not your strong point, you’re only out by a factor of 625.

and it’s way more than a flyover, the infrastructure work to the surrounding road network including more than one bridge is all included.

85000 cars per day * 365 = 31m cars per year
x 100 yrs = 3.1b journeys

Divide by total cost of £125m = £25.

A lot of people turn right at the roundabout to go to Sunderland or Newcastle or up or down the a19
A cross roads with traffic lights would of been a cheaper option

How would a cross roads with traffic lights be better than the roundabout with traffic lights they had before the bridge?! :neutral:

Its absolutely unfathomable. I drove past it daily, and if there were 5 people working each time, that would be good. But let's say 50 people worked full time for all 2.5 years, and they were billed at £80,000 each per year. That's £10m.

So what did they spend the other £115m on?
Totally agree ,i would love to see a breakdown of the costs , even if the land purchase cost 20m, construction materials 20m, labour 10m wheres the other 75m gone ? .

Totally agree ,i would love to see a breakdown of the costs , even if the land purchase cost 20m, construction materials 20m, labour 10m wheres the other 75m gone ? .
Speaking personally I have no background whatsoever in large construction/civil engineering projects. They do seem to cost a lot of money but seeing as they're fairly important to get right first time and are built to the highest specifications I would hope they do cost a lot. Feel free to show your working out. How much is one of them bags of Tarmac, gonna need a fair few.

Speaking personally I have no background whatsoever in large construction/civil engineering projects. They do seem to cost a lot of money but seeing as they're fairly important to get right first time and are built to the highest specifications I would hope they do cost a lot. Feel free to show your working out. How much is one of them bags of Tarmac, gonna need a fair few.
I'm no expert mate,and if someone can correct me and tell me what i've missed out or where the moneys gone on other things, then i will put my hand up and say i was wrong,but till then it seems a lot of money for a bit hardcore drainage cement and tarmac .As PTR stated earlier whenever you went past you were lucky if you saw 5 workers .

I'm no expert mate,and if someone can correct me and tell me what i've missed out or where the moneys gone on other things, then i will put my hand up and say i was wrong,but till then it seems a lot of money for a bit hardcore drainage cement and tarmac .As PTR stated earlier whenever you went past you were lucky if you saw 5 workers .

You're trying your hardest to belittle engineering that is benefitting everyone for some reason, "a bit hardcore, drainage, cement and tarmac." 😄

5 people as well? Every morning there'd be workers in JCB's etc working down to to just by the Nissan turnoff and the side opposite and, workers on the roundabout

You're trying your hardest to belittle engineering that is benefitting everyone for some reason, "a bit hardcore, drainage, cement and tarmac." 😄

5 people as well? Every morning there'd be workers in JCB's etc working down to to just by the Nissan turnoff and the side opposite and, workers on the roundabout
Thats what i said in my last post, probably loads more stuff goes into it that i don't know about , just to Joe public driving past you think 125 million ???.

Jesus f***ing Christ
Ok, I mixed 2 numbers up. 25 cars for a quid, not the other way round. You make it seem like I just sent a thousand people over a cliff.
Also, its already been pointed out above, and I've already thanked that person for correcting me.

Maybe calm down, a bit?

Ok, I mixed 2 numbers up. 25 cars for a quid, not the other way round. You make it seem like I just sent a thousand people over a cliff.
Also, its already been pointed out above, and I've already thanked that person for correcting me.

Maybe calm down, a bit?
I’m absolutely raging mate.

Oh, I see now. Well angled.

Yes, you're quite right, it is strange that I couldn't see that. Perhaps it's that you are more intelligent than I am: in fact, thinking more, that must be it. And you've shown real persistence all day to get to your point, too. Well done!

Meanwhile shall we see how the traffic lights at Testo's are set, though... if it's the same as in Sunderland I'll carry a book in the car and get through a chapter each journey.
If the traffic is going to be so light due to the flyover why do they need traffic lights

Back