A1 at Catterick

Status
Not open for further replies.

I drive south from Bishop on a Sunday night / Monday morning and it's a nightmare when it's shut; the signposted diversion takes me through Barnard Castle!

More annoying that i've got to backtrack about 10 miles back to Bishop to get around to Barney. They never take the diversion and road closed signs down either, so you don't know till you get there if it's actually shut.
I'm guessing if your diverted that way the roads shut at Scotch corner?
Go straight down the Roman road from royal oak to piercebridge then just before join the a1 turn through melsonby and onto a66? Unless they've got that little road shut off as well? There are other back roads through aldbrough but probably easier to go to barny then double back of u don't know the roads

For young bairns or older ones? Mines 13 now and it needs to be better that COD or he'll have a face like a smacked arse.
Wtf is any 13 year old gonna like? Don't answer that

I'm guessing if your diverted that way the roads shut at Scotch corner?
Go straight down the Roman road from royal oak to piercebridge then just before join the a1 turn through melsonby and onto a66? Unless they've got that little road shut off as well? There are other back roads through aldbrough but probably easier to go to barny then double back of u don't know the roads
The a1 is never shut during the day :lol:

Seems a popular misconception

It's hardly ever shut at night

Wtf is any 13 year old gonna like? Don't answer that

The a1 is never shut during the day :lol:

Seems a popular misconception

It's hardly ever shut at night
It was fairly regular on a weekend, the diversion goes past my house. Don't think it's been too bad for a while, just recommending a different route than going probably 30 miles round

It was fairly regular on a weekend, the diversion goes past my house. Don't think it's been too bad for a while, just recommending a different route than going probably 30 miles round
For a while = not within the last year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back