A work story

Hopefully you got them to resign with a written confession. If not and you get challenged good luck.
Well, we don't call it a "written confession" but rather a statement of termination. Where it states the reason for their termination and that they sign to agree that the statements on it are accurate and true.

If you don't believe it to be true then why even respond? Why participate on the f***ing thread? I don't understand why some of you fuckers feel the need to post comments when you clearly don't like the op. When I see something I don't believe to be true or don't care about, I just don't reply. I don't participate.

This sounds more like a call-to-arms for the other keyboard-courage fuckers on here who take any opportunity to tear into someone. The mob lynching mentality that is a disease on social media, and on this board.

I've been put through the f***ing shredder on here before, so nothing new. This is one of the reasons why I don't like to start threads on here.

Those who think I am making this up, obviously don't know me and can fuck off.
We don't take prisoners at this level

So I came back to work yesterday to find out that we had three junior sales people, the new executive assistant, and one accounting rep who were caught falsifying receipts and records.

There was an industry show last month and we typically send sale staff to these shows to wine and dine existing and potential customers who attend these shows. For the show last month, it was supposed to be three junior sales people and one senior sales person, however, the senior sales person could not attend the show because his dad passed away so the owner decided to send his new executive assistant instead (recent hire) as part of training. I was told that they came back from the trip with what looked liked, at the time, a very impressive report of the trip.

The sales manager was going over the report with the senior sales person who was not able to attend, and the senior sales person noticed that they had dinner with a potential client that he has been trying to arrange a meeting with for a long time so he was very impressed and excited. He called the potential customer to talk about the show and the meeting and was told that they never met with anyone from our company during the show. Confused, he called the other customers on the list and was told the same thing. The issue was then brought to my attention upon which I had my staff do some more in depth research where it was discovered that they not only made up the sales calls, but also turned in fake receipts for reimbursements for dinners that never happened.

After bringing them individually into my office to ask each of them about the trip. At first they tried to deny it, but after I showed them the evidence, they all admitted. It was one of the junior sales people, who seeing how much trouble he was in, told us that it was the new executive assistant's idea. We also found out that the new executive assistant is having an affair with the accounting rep (both are married - not to each other, I mean) and she helped them create the fake receipts and turned them in for reimbursement.

They were all put on leave yesterday, and this morning, I brought them in individually to let them go.

Just wanted to share/vent.

Have you involved the police?

Attempted fraud is an offence.

Personally I'd screw the bassas lives up as much as I could, to serve as a warning to others who may be tempted to try something similar!!

Have you involved the police?

Attempted fraud is an offence.

Personally I'd screw the bassas lives up as much as I could, to serve as a warning to others who may be tempted to try something similar!!
No-one wants to involve the police, it's more headache than its worth.

That's why most sign the statement of termination

Mate. Read the gold board. There’s a belter of a thread there.
which one?

Hopefully you got them to resign with a written confession. If not and you get challenged good luck.
Labour laws in the US are all weighted in favour of the employer, there’s very little union participation outside of the old school manufacturing industries.

It’s way easier to get rid of staff over there compared to here.

Ditto with privacy / confidentiality issues.

At times we don’t realise how good we actually have it, and whilst our workers rights are being slowly eroded, I’d take our employment laws over theirs any day of the week.

No-one wants to involve the police, it's more headache than its worth.

That's why most sign the statement of termination

Two different things in my book.

Falsification of company documentation is an internal matter and (if I've read things correctly) the reason accepted/stated for their dismissal.

Attempted fraud, for which you say you have proof, is a separate matter and is criminal offence.

Two different things in my book.

Falsification of company documentation is an internal matter and (if I've read things correctly) the reason accepted/stated for their dismissal.

Attempted fraud, for which you say you have proof, is a separate matter and is criminal offence.
Why fuck up their lives further and open a potential huge can of worms for themselves? If the employees go quietly you can draw a line under it with minimal fuss, causing minimal disruption to the business and not unnecessarily stirring up potential unrest with other staff members.

Sometimes a pragmatic approach to these things is the preferred route.

Why fuck up their lives further and open a potential huge can of worms for themselves? If the employees go quietly you can draw a line under it with minimal fuss, causing minimal disruption to the business and not unnecessarily stirring up potential unrest with other staff members.

Sometimes a pragmatic approach to these things is the preferred route.

It would have been 100% their fault because of their actions but, hey ho, some people will always attempt to find reasons why not to do something because it might cause them a minor inconvenience.

If you don't believe it to be true then why even respond? Why participate on the f***ing thread? I don't understand why some of you fuckers feel the need to post comments when you clearly don't like the op. When I see something I don't believe to be true or don't care about, I just don't reply. I don't participate.

This sounds more like a call-to-arms for the other keyboard-courage fuckers on here who take any opportunity to tear into someone. The mob lynching mentality that is a disease on social media, and on this board.

I've been put through the f***ing shredder on here before, so nothing new. This is one of the reasons why I don't like to start threads on here.

Those who think I am making this up, obviously don't know me and can fuck off.
Tbf if you wanted to make up a story it's not the most exciting, or creative is it?

A messenger board like this often attracts both the very best and the very worst of people at the same time. The really stupid ones can be laughed off and ignored. The ones that really annoy me are, as you said the keyboard warrior types and people who know something for a fact that just ain't so. Nil desparandum carborundum mate :D.

Back